Lakeside Amusement Park was built in 1920 on Mason's Creek. The "lake" seen here was the area's first public swimming pool, complete with sand beach. Also visible is the "Thriller" rollercoaster and the bumper car pavilion.
George C. Davis Photography
Roanoke Public Libraries
Please contact the Virginia Room at 540.853.2073 for permission to use.
George C. Davis Photography, “FE019 Lakeside,” Virginia Room Digital Collection, accessed January 18, 2020, http://www.virginiaroom.org/digital/document/FE019.