Virginia Room Digital Collection

Welcome!

The Virginia Room Digital Collection includes photographs, oral histories, books, pamphlets and finding aids to items in the Virginia Room Collection. Continue to check back for new additions.

FE300 Roanoke Auditorium

FILES

FE300 Roanoke Auditorium.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

FE300 Roanoke Auditorium

Description

Roanoke Auditorium was located along Wells Avenue NE, between Williamson Road and 2nd Street. Built in 1916, it was purchased in 1947 by the American Legion and thence called the American Legion Auditorium. It served the city well as an all-purpose civic center until destroyed by fire in 1957.

Creator

George C. Davis Photography

Publisher

Roanoke Public Libraries

Date

Circa 1920

Rights

Please contact the Virginia Room at 540.853.2073 for permission to use.

Format

Photograph

Type

Still Image

Identifier

FE300

Citation

George C. Davis Photography, “FE300 Roanoke Auditorium,” Virginia Room Digital Collection, accessed November 14, 2019, http://www.virginiaroom.org/digital/document/FE300.