Virginia Room Digital Collection


The Virginia Room Digital Collection includes photographs, oral histories, books, pamphlets and finding aids to items in the Virginia Room. Continue to check back for new additions.

Browse Items (2 total)

Davis 22.97 St. John's AME Zion.jpg
Originally Bethany Presbyterian Church, the building was later used by First Methodist Episcopal Church before becoming St. John's African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church, formerly located on Gilmer Avenue near Commonwealth Avenue NE.

Known originally as the First Methodist Episcopal Church when organized in 1908, the congregation later was called Second Methodist (1939) and then Central Methodist (1954). The sanctuary shown here was consecrated on June 26, 1955.
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2