Browse Items (23 total)
- Tags: shopping centers
WoolCo Department Store, formerly located at Crossroads Mall, 5002 Airport Road NW. Original anchor stores at Crossroads were J,C. Penney, Roses, Heironimus, Winn-Dixie, People's Drug, Other mall tenants included Fink's Jewelers, Smartwear Irving…
Towers Mall under construction. Towers opened in 1961 at 2207 Colonial Avenue. At the time, it was reported in the Roanoke Times that Towers was the largest shopping center in the state. This photo depicts the upper level.
The Gables Shopping Center, located at 1322 S. Main Street in Blacksburg. Tenenants included Leggett's, Mick or Mack, Sears, A&P, Gables Pharmacy, T,G,&Y, High's Ice Cream, First Virginia Bank, Firestone, and Sherwin Williams Paints.