Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 10:00am – 8:00pm
Wednesday: 10:00am – 6:00pm
Friday, Saturday: 10:00am – 5:00pm
The Virginia Room is located in the Main Library at 706 S. Jefferson St, Roanoke, VA 24016.
Tips for a great trip to the Virginia Room!
- Give us a call (540-853-2073) or email (email@example.com) before your visit – if you let us know what you’re interested in we may be able to pull some items for you in advance. This will save you valuable research time!
- Parking can be limited near the Main Library and is primarily 2-hour street parking. Visits that begin at 3PM or later will allow you to park on the street for your whole visit. 2-hour parking is not enforced on Saturdays.
- If you would like to avoid parking near the Library altogether, you may consider parking elsewhere and riding the Star Line Trolley. The Trolley stops at a number of parking garages and other destinations in and around downtown Roanoke and runs every 10-15 minutes from 7AM-7PM, Monday-Friday.
- Visitors to the Virginia Room will be asked to secure any bags in provided lockers. We will give you a key – you’ll hold on to that key until you leave, allowing you to grab anything out of the locker you wish. We do not allow eating or drinking in the Virginia Room, so keep that in mind when deciding what to bring with you!
- When you arrive at the Main Library, the Virginia Room is on the 2nd floor down the hall from the stairs and elevator – feel free to ask at any service desk you see for directions.