Virginia Room Digital Collection

Welcome!

The Virginia Room Digital Collection includes photographs, oral histories, books, pamphlets and finding aids to items in the Virginia Room Collection. Continue to check back for new additions.

FE162 N&W General Offices

FILES

FE162 N&W General Offices.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

FE162 N&W General Offices

Description

Completed in 1883 by the Shenandoah Valley Railroad, the general office building housed the offices for Norfolk & Western after they were moved from Lynchburg. The building was located on the northwest corner of Jefferson Street and Shenandoah Avenue where the present "old" general offices are located. The building was destroyed by fire on January 4, 1896.

Creator

George C. David Photography

Publisher

Roanoke Public Libraries

Date

Circa 1890

Rights

Please contact the Virginia Room at 540.853.2073 for permission to use.

Format

Photograph

Type

Still Image

Identifier

FE162

Citation

George C. David Photography, “FE162 N&W General Offices,” Virginia Room Digital Collection, accessed July 15, 2019, http://www.virginiaroom.org/digital/document/FE162.