Virginia Room Digital Collection

Welcome!

The Virginia Room Digital Collection includes photographs, oral histories, books, pamphlets and finding aids to items in the Virginia Room Collection. Continue to check back for new additions.

FE304 Observation Tower

FILES

FE304 Observation Tower.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

FE304 Observation Tower

Description

The first observation tower on Mill Mountain was constructed in 1910 and destroyed by a violent wind storm in 1914. It was replaced shortly thereafter by another observation tower, which burned in 1936.

Creator

George C. David Photography

Publisher

Roanoke Public Libraries

Date

Circa 1912

Rights

Please contact the Virginia Room at 540.853.2073 for permission to use.

Format

Photograph

Type

Still Image

Identifier

FE304

Citation

George C. David Photography, “FE304 Observation Tower,” Virginia Room Digital Collection, accessed July 15, 2019, http://www.virginiaroom.org/digital/document/FE304.