Lakeside was opened in 1920 by Robert Lynn, Sr., and featured a public swimming pool, roller coaster and one additional ride. The original 50-acre tract on which Lakeside was built was an orchard owned by John Bower.
Roanoke Public Libraries
Nelson Harris, George Wade
Please contact the Virginia Room at 540.853.2073 for permission to use.
Is Version Of
Salem and Roanoke County in Vintage Postcards by Nelson Harris (2005)
unknown, “SR061 Lakeside,” Virginia Room Digital Collection, accessed June 25, 2022, http://www.virginiaroom.org/digital/document/sr061.