Virginia Room Digital Collection

Welcome!

The Virginia Room Digital Collection includes photographs, oral histories, books, pamphlets and finding aids to items in the Virginia Room Collection. Continue to check back for new additions.

FE072 Jefferson Hospital

FILES

FE072 Jefferson Hospital.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

FE072 Jefferson Hospital

Description

Jefferson Hospital, founded in 1907 by Dr. Hugh Trout, was the predecessor of Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital. Formerly located at 1313 Franklin Road SW, the hospital closed in 1967 and was later razed. The two-story porches no longer exist after one of several renovations to the hospital.

Creator

George C. Davis Photography

Publisher

Roanoke Public Libraries

Date

Circa 1935

Rights

Please contact the Virginia Room at 540.853.2073 for permission to use.

Format

Photograph

Type

Still Image

Identifier

FE072

Citation

George C. Davis Photography, “FE072 Jefferson Hospital,” Virginia Room Digital Collection, accessed November 17, 2019, http://www.virginiaroom.org/digital/document/FE072.