Browse Items (89 total)
- Tags: Franklin Road
Groundbreaking for Pythian Castle Hall, Osceola Lodge No. 47 on Franklin Road. Shown are George Davis, Stuart A. Barbour, Frank N. Smith, and Charles D. Keffer.
Jefferson Hospital, founded in 1907 by Dr. Hugh Trout, was the predecessor of Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital. Formerly located at 1313 Franklin Road SW, the hospital closed in 1967 and was later razed. The two-story porches no longer exist…
Looking west on Franklin Road from Jefferson Street. Visible are the Knights of Pythias building, Star Barber Shop, Roanoke Valley Heart Association, GAC Finance, Riley's Cafe, Thornton & Creasy Drugs, and Holdren's
View of the building on the corner of Jefferson Street and Franklin Road. Among the businesses occupying this area were the Jefferson Street Pharmacy, Morgan's Restaurant, Katheryne Marechal Beauty Salon, John Norman Tayloring and the Park Theatre. …
An aerial view of Franklin Road at 1st and 2nd Street. The building in the upper right corner is Lee Junior High School, which was razed to build the Poff Federal Building.
Jefferson Hospital, which was founded in 1907 by Dr. Hugh Trout, was a predecessor Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital. Formerly located at 1313 Franklin Road SW, the hospital closed in 1967 and was later razed.