Located at 213 1st Street SW, the Masonic temple was constructed in 1911. For many years, the first floor was occupied by various retail establishments, as evidenced in this photograph when Witten-Martin Furniture Company occupied the space.
The Masonic Temple was located on the northwest corner of First and Kirk Street. In 1915, the street level was occupied by Reams, Jones and Blankenship furniture store. The store’s slogan was “Marry the girl – we’ll furnish the home.”