Virginia Room Digital Collection

Welcome!

The Virginia Room Digital Collection includes photographs, oral histories, books, pamphlets and finding aids to items in the Virginia Room. Continue to check back for new additions.

Davis 16.9 Shenandoah Hotel

FILES

Davis 16.9 Shenandoah Hotel.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

Davis 16.9 Shenandoah Hotel

Description

The Shenandoah Hotel opened on 5 November 1909. Originally consisting of two buildings, separated by an 8-foot alley, the Salem Avenue facing building seen here would later become the Hotel Lee followed by the Hotel Earle. The building was destroyed by fire in August 1991 and later razed.

Creator

George C. Davis Photography

Publisher

Roanoke Public Libraries

Date

Circa 1940

Rights

Please contact the Virginia Room at 540.853.2073 for permission to use.

Format

photograph

Type

Still Image

Identifier

Davis16.9

Citation

George C. Davis Photography, “Davis 16.9 Shenandoah Hotel,” Virginia Room Digital Collection, accessed January 16, 2022, http://www.virginiaroom.org/digital/document/Davis16.9.