Virginia Room Digital Collection

Welcome!

The Virginia Room Digital Collection includes photographs, oral histories, books, pamphlets and finding aids to items in the Virginia Room. Continue to check back for new additions.

Davis 48.73 S&W Cafeteria

FILES

Davis 48.73 S&W Cafeteria.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

Davis 48.73 S&W Cafeteria

Description

S&W Cafeteria operated at 412 S. Jefferson Street. In 1954, that location closed and has since been occupied by Davidson's mens store. The downtown location moved to 16 Church Avenue, SW, in the former Greyhound Bus Terminal. The new two-story location featured art deco appointments and breakfast made-to-order for the early downtown crowd. It closed in the 1970s.

Creator

George C. Davis Photography

Publisher

Roanoke Public Libraries

Date

Circa 1964

Contributor

Stephen E. Fox

Rights

Please contact the Virginia Room at 540.853.2073 for permission to use.

Identifier

Davis48.73

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Photograph

Citation

George C. Davis Photography, “Davis 48.73 S&W Cafeteria,” Virginia Room Digital Collection, accessed January 27, 2022, http://www.virginiaroom.org/digital/document/Davis48.73.