Browse Items (14 total)
- Tags: Henry Street
Group portrait of the Dining Car Employees or The Moles on Henry St. Front row (left to right): Ruth Anderson, Hazel Hall, Hershey Steptoe (Mary Steptoe), James or Pete Woodliff, Irene or Estelle Woodliff. Back row (left to right): Gertrude Logan,…
Looking south on 1st Street from the 1st Street Bridge. The bridge connected Henry Street to Downtown Roanoke. The bridge was renamed in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. in 2003.
Gathering for a 1942 postcard at the Lynhaven Smoke Shop, formerly located at 125 N. Henry Street are from left: Mr. Roberts, Lorenzo Redd, Hobart Eggleston, Dr. George A. Moore, owner Bill Marshall and his son, James "Anse" Marshall.
This medical complex on Henry Street at Centre Avenue NW included (top left) Community Drug Store, where Dr. Beverly Adams (bottom left) was a pharmacist. Also in the building was the dental office of Dr. H.T. Penn (on right).