This medical complex on Henry Street at Centre Avenue NW included (top left) Community Drug Store, where Dr. Beverly Adams (bottom left) was a pharmacist. Also in the building was the dental office of Dr. H.T. Penn (on right).
Gill Memorial Hospital was built in 1926. It was the first hospital in Virginia exclusively providing treatment for eye, ear, nose and throat conditions. It remained in independent operation until 1976, when it was acquired by Roanoke Memorial.