The top image is of the Central YMCA and the bottom image is of the Railroad Department YMCA. The Railroad YMCA opened on November 10, 1903. The Young Men’s Christian Association began in Roanoke in 1883.
Roanoke Public Library's Gainsboro Branch found its beginnings in the Odd Fellows Hall, formerly located at the corner of Patton Avenue and Gainsboro Road. It would relocate to the current building in 1942.