Virginia Room Digital Collection


The Virginia Room Digital Collection includes photographs, oral histories, books, pamphlets and finding aids to items in the Virginia Room. Continue to check back for new additions.

Browse Items (8 total)

FE171 Roanoke Photo Finishing.jpg
An interior view of Roanoke Photo Finishing Company with George Davis behind counter.

FE098 Pythian Castle Hall.jpg
Groundbreaking for Pythian Castle Hall, Osceola Lodge No. 47 on Franklin Road. Shown are George Davis, Stuart A. Barbour, Frank N. Smith, and Charles D. Keffer.

FE066 Observation Tower.jpg
The second observation tower once atop Mill Mountain. The first observation tower was destroyed in a wind storm in 1914. This tower replaced it until 1936, when it was destroyed by fire. George Davis at left.

MP 23.0 Bike Ride.jpg
George Davis, far left, poses for a photo during a bike ride up the old Mill Mountain road.

Davis 62 Izaak Walton League.jpg
Roanoke Chapter of the Izaak Walton League. George Davis is seen in the backseat of the car. The Izaak Walton League was formed in 1922 and is one of the Nation's oldest and most respected conservation organizations.

Davis 56.52 Travelers Protective Association.jpg
Officers of the Travelers Protective Association at a meeting of the Lynchburg Post. 1st row, L to R: George Davis, G.F. Guse, Theodore C. Abele, E.M. Shaner, E.L. Haskins and J.O. Baker. 2nd row, L to R: W.H. Bullard, A.B. Chewning, C.T. Yancey,…

Davis 46.221 Jarrett Chewning.jpg
Jarrett Chewing Co. Inc., formerly located at 360 Luck Avenue SW. George Davis in hat and light overcoat, others unidentified

Davis 2.161 2nd Street Store Fronts.jpg
A view of 2nd Street. George Davis is leaning against the lamp post.
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2