Virginia Room Digital Collection

Welcome!

The Virginia Room Digital Collection includes photographs, oral histories, books, pamphlets and finding aids to items in the Virginia Room. Continue to check back for new additions.

Browse Items (6 total)

FE001 First Auto.jpg
Roanoke's first automobile parked in front of a bicycle shop at 109-111 Church Avenue SW. The first auto was believed to have been owned by T.T. Fishburn. In two years, in 1906, this building would become Roanoke Automobile Company selling Rambler…

MP 23.0 Bike Ride.jpg
George Davis, far left, poses for a photo during a bike ride up the old Mill Mountain road.

Davis 56.9 Roanoke Police Department.jpg
Roanoke Police Department group photo taken in front of the original courthouse and jail on Campbell Avenue.

Davis 43.124 AEP Office.jpg
AEP was originally located at 129 E. Campbell Avenue before moving to 40 Franklin Road. .

Davis 43.123  AEP Office.jpg
AEP was originally located at 129 E. Campbell Avenue before moving to 40 Franklin Road. .

Davis 2.25 Roanoke Fair.jpg
Looking north of Jefferson Street from Campbell Avenue at crowd gathered for Roanoke Fair.
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2