Virginia Room Digital Collection

Welcome!

The Virginia Room Digital Collection includes photographs, oral histories, books, pamphlets and finding aids to items in the Virginia Room. Continue to check back for new additions.

Browse Items (11 total)

FE138 Jamison School.jpg
Jamison Elementary School was located on the southwest corner of Jamison Avenue and 14th Street SE. The school was built in 1916 and razed in 1975.

IRB42 Fire Station 6.jpg
This is a two story and part basement brick building with slate roof. First floor, open interior finish with metal ceiling; second floor, plaster. Concrete floors with exception of second floor which is wood boards. One stairs basement to second…

Davis 48i Kroger.jpg
Kroger formerly located at 828 Jamison Avenue SE.

Davis 27.22 Belmont Christian.jpg
The old Belmont Christian Church sanctuary, located at 11th Street and Jamison Avenue SE.

Davis 22.51 Belmont UMC.jpg
Belmont United Methodist Church, formerly located at 806 Jamison Avenue SE. The building is now used by Metropolitan Community Church.

Davis 22.5 Belmont UMC.jpg
Belmont United Methodist Church, formerly located at 806 Jamison Avenue SE. The building is now used by Metropolitan Community Church.

MP 22.1 Waverly Filling Station.jpg
Waverly Filling Station, formerly located at the corner of 14th Street and Jamison Avenue.

Davis GL 49 Ninth Street.jpg
View of 9th Street from the intersection with Jamison Avenue.

UC 45 Booth Supply.jpg
Booth Supply, formerly located at 828 Jamison Avenue.

Davis 65.52 Fire Station #6.jpg
Fire Station #6 opened on 5 September 1911 at 1015 Jamison Avenue. It ceased operation as a fire station in 1979. It is now used as a police substation. Fire Station #6 was added to the Virginia Landmarks Register in 1990 and the National Register…

Davis 22.52 Belmont Baptist Church.jpg
Belmont United Methodist Church, formerly located at 806 Jamison Avenue, is now Metropolitan Community Church.
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2