Virginia Room Digital Collection

Welcome!

The Virginia Room Digital Collection includes photographs, oral histories, books, pamphlets and finding aids to items in the Virginia Room. Continue to check back for new additions.

Browse Items (7 total)

FE269 Roanoke Knitting Mills.jpg
Roanoke Knitting Mills began operations in 1903 at 306 Elm Avenue SE. It closed by 1909.

Davis 24.02 St. Johns Episcopal.jpg
St. John's Episcopal Church, located on the corner of Jefferson Street and Elm Avenue.

Davis 24.18 St. John's Parish.jpg
St. John's Episcopal Church Parish House, located at the corner of Elm Avenue and Jefferson Street. The church was constructed in 1892. The Parish House was constructed in 1922. It was remodeled in 1957; stone replaced the brick facade seen in…

Davis 66.21 Wasena Bridge.jpg
Wasena Bridge shortly after completion.

Davis 6.123 Elmwood Corner.jpg
Intersection of Jefferson Street and Elm Avenue, looking toward the SW corner of Elmwood Park. Terry House visible through the trees.

Davis 24.181 St Johns Parish.jpg
St. John's Episcopal Church Parish House, located at the corner of Elm Avenue and Jefferson Street. The church was constructed in 1892. The Parish House was constructed in 1922. It was remodeled in 1957; stone replaced the brick facade seen in…

Davis 1.921 Elmwood Park.jpg
View of Elmwood Park looking from Southwest corner of Elm Avenue and Jefferson Street. Terry home and tennis courts visible.
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2