Virginia Room Digital Collection

Welcome!

The Virginia Room Digital Collection includes photographs, oral histories, books, pamphlets and finding aids to items in the Virginia Room Collection. Continue to check back for new additions.

Browse Items (24 total)

PS 13.510 Poff Building.jpg
A newly completed Poff Federal Building, located at 210 Franklin Road, SW.

PS 13.59 Poff Building.jpg
A newly completed Poff Federal Building, located at 210 Franklin Road, SW.

PS 13.58 Poff Building.jpg
A newly completed Poff Federal Building, located at 210 Franklin Road, SW.

PS 13.57 Poff Building.jpg
The entrance of a newly completed Poff Federal Building, located at 210 Franklin Road, SW.

PS 13.31 Poff Building.jpg
Construction of Poff Federal Building, located at 210 Franklin Road, SW.

PS 13.24 Poff Building.jpg
Construction of Poff Federal Building, located at 210 Franklin Road, SW.

PS 13.21 Poff Building.jpg
Construction of Poff Federal Building, located at 210 Franklin Road, SW.

PS 13.12 Poff Building.jpg
Construction of Poff Federal Building, located at 210 Franklin Road, SW.

PS 13.10 Poff Building.jpg
Construction of Poff Federal Building, located at 210 Franklin Road, SW.

PS 13.8 Poff Building.jpg
Construction of Poff Federal Building, located at 210 Franklin Road, SW.

PS 13.6 Poff Building.jpg
Construction of Poff Federal Building, located at 210 Franklin Road, SW.

PS 13.2 Poff Building.jpg
Construction of Poff Federal Building, located at 210 Franklin Road, SW.

sr090.jpg
Judge William Moffett convened the first session of Circuit Court in the new court room on April 1, 1910, and dedicated the day “for the hearing of matters and reading of papers of local historical interest.”

sr088.jpg
This photo postcard shows the old county courthouse. The structure was built in 1841 on a lot purchased by Roanoke County from John Gray of Missouri for $400. The courthouse was constructed by Salem hotelier William C. Williams. During the Civil…

Davis 13.14 Roanoke County Courthouse.jpg
The old Roanoke County Courthouse, located at 301 E. Main Street in Salem was completed in 1910. Offices moved to a new building in 1985. The building is now owned by Roanoke College.

PC 139.81 Roanoke County Courthouse.jpg
"Roanoke County Courthouse, Salem, Virginia. Roanoke County was established on March 230, 1838. The first courthouse was erected in 1841 (on site of the present courthouse). The present courthouse was built in 1909, added onto in 1949 and partially…

PC 139.8 Roanoke County Courthouse.jpg
"Roanoke County Courthouse, Salem, Virginia."

Davis2 8.5 Botetourt Court Courthouse.jpg
Botetourt County Courthouse, located at 1 W. Main Street in Fincastle.

Davis2 13.2 Roanoke County Courthouse.jpg
The old Roanoke County Courthouse, located at 305 E. Main Street in Salem.

Davis2 13.13 Courthouse and Jail.jpg
The City of Roanoke's first courthouse and jail, formerly located at 2nd Street and Campbell Avenue.

Davis 8.51 Botetourt County Courthouse.jpg
Botetourt County Courthouse

Davis 56.9 Roanoke Police Department.jpg
Roanoke Police Department group photo taken in front of the original courthouse and jail on Campbell Avenue.

Davis 42.54 Rorer Hall.jpg
Rorer Hall was built by Ferdinand Rorer in 1878 on the Northeast corner of Campbell Avenue and 3rd Street. Caption reads, "Roanoke's first thetre [sic] built by F. Rorer. Opened by John W. Sherman with his first play, "The Brothers". The building…

Davis 13.11 Courthouse and Jail.jpg
Courthouse and jail on Campbell Avenue and 2nd Street.
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2