Virginia Room Digital Collection

Welcome!

The Virginia Room Digital Collection includes photographs, oral histories, books, pamphlets and finding aids to items in the Virginia Room. Continue to check back for new additions.

Browse Items (34 total)

RVNH40196.jpg
A truck customized by A.L. Nelson Truck Company for United Cooperage of Virginia.

RVNH40189.jpg
Pyrofax gas truck in front on A.L. Nelson Truck Company on Shenandoah Avenue.

LDW7 Loebl Fleet.jpg
Loebl Dye Works dry cleaning trucks parked in front of Loebl Dye Works on Salem Avenue.

LDW6 Loebl Fleet.jpg
A fleet of four Loebl Dye Works dry cleaning trucks parked in front of Loebl Dye Works on Salem Avenue.

RREC11 Line Crew.jpg
Line Crew of the Roanoke Railway and Electric Company. From left are: Jim Payne (foreman), unidentified, Stannoke Maxey (lineman), last two unidentified.

Davis 46.421 Willett Esso Tanker.jpg
Willett Brothers Transfer tanker at Williett's Esso, formerly located at 324 Orange Avenue NE.

Davis2 48.67 Sears Delivery Trucks.jpg
Drivers stand next to Sear's delivery trucks.

Davis2 48.51 Sealtest Foods.jpg
Employee with tractor-trailer at loading dock of Sealtest Foods, formerly located at 133 Albemarle Avenue SE.

Davis2 48.2 Roanoke Distributing Company.jpg
Pabst Blue Ribbon delivery trucks parked at Roanoke Distributing Company, formerly located at 907 3rd Street SE.

Davis2 47.75 Webster Brick.jpg
Employees next to trucks at Webster Brick.

Davis2 47.62 Virginia Brewing.jpg
Virginia Brewing Company employees with delivery truck outside of the brewery.

MP 8.0 Andrews-Pitzer-Butler.jpg
Drivers of Andrews-Pitzer-Butler Fuel Oil Corporation pose next to their trucks in Highland Park.

Davis GL 29 Truck.jpg
Image of a tanker style truck.

Tags:

UC 64 Poff Hauling.jpg
J. Bill Poff Hauling dump truck.

CPC 57 Freight Truck.jpg
Southern States Motor Freight truck parked on the 100 block of Campbell Avenue.

Davis2 43.1265 AEP Truck.jpg
Appalachian Power employees haul an electric pole at an unidentified plant.

Davis2 43.1263 AEP Truck.jpg
Appalachian Electric Power Company truck.

Davis 48g Kroger Distribution.jpg
Kroger Distribution Center. Offices and distribution center were located at 2240 Shenandoah Avenue.

Davis 48.41 Holyfield-Mann Food.jpg
Holyfield-Mann Food Company, formerly located at 2923 Brambleton Avenue.

Davis 48.32 Columbia Chemical Corp.jpg
Columbia Chemical Corporation delivery truck. Columbia Chemical was a soft drink manufacturer with a product called 3-C Nectar, marketed as "the drink of the gods".

Davis 48.31b Kay's Ice Cream Truck.jpg
Kay's Ice Cream Truck

Davis 48.211 Clover Creamery Truck.jpg
Clover Creamery delivery truck.

Davis 48.21 Clover Creamery Truck.jpg
Clover Creamery delivery truck.

Davis 48.13 Garst Brothers Dairy.jpg
Right side view of Garst Brothers Dairy with trucks lining the building

Davis 46.514b Porterfield Distributing Co.jpg
Porterfield Distributing Company trucks in front of building formerly located at 1354 8th Street SW.

Davis 46.514a Porterfield Distributing Co.jpg
Porterfield Distributing Company trucks in front of building formerly located at 1354 8th Street SW.

Davis 46.51 Porterfield Distributing Co.jpg
Porterfield Distributing Company trucks in front of building, formerly located at 1354 8th Street SW.

Davis 46 Hedge Lawn Nurseries.jpg
Trucks from Head Lawn Nurseries. Head Lawn was once located on Williamson Road at Floraland Avenue.

Davis 45.5131 Virginia Bridge and Iron Truck.jpg
Virginia Bridge and Iron Company Truck

Davis 45.331a2 Dr. Pepper Bottling Company.jpg
Dr. Pepper Bottling Company, formerly located at 451 McClanahan Street.

Davis 45.331a1 Dr. Pepper Bottling Company.jpg
Dr. Pepper Bottling Company, formerly located at 451 McClanahan Street.

Davis 44.2296 Auto Spring & Bearing.jpg
Loading dock of Auto Spring & Bearing Co. Inc., looking north toward intersection of Luck Avenue & 1st Street. 1st Street can be seen in background.

Davis 43.124 AEP Office.jpg
AEP was originally located at 129 E. Campbell Avenue before moving to 40 Franklin Road. .

Davis 43.123  AEP Office.jpg
AEP was originally located at 129 E. Campbell Avenue before moving to 40 Franklin Road. .
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2