Virginia Room Digital Collection

Welcome!

The Virginia Room Digital Collection includes photographs, oral histories, books, pamphlets and finding aids to items in the Virginia Room. Continue to check back for new additions.

Browse Items (945 total)

Davis 66.301 Memorial Bridge.jpg
Crossing into Raleigh Court, the Memorial Bridge was dedicated on 30 August 1926. It was named to honor World War I veterans.

Davis 61.01 N&W Passenger Station.jpg
The Norfolk & Western Passenger Station was built in 1907. It is now home to the O. Winston Link Museum and History Museum of Western Virginia.

Davis 47.312 Roanoke City Mills.jpg
Roanoke City Mills, formerly located at 1750 Jefferson Street. The mill was raised in 2009.

Davis 45.237 Sunlight Bakery .jpg
The Roanoke Sunlight Bakery was located at 501 Salem Avenue. The building was also used by Kroger Bakery. It is now used as a warehouse.

Davis 43.301 First National Exchange Bank.jpg
The First National Exchange Bank building was built in 1912. Located at 204 Jefferson Street, it has been in continuous operation as a bank for over a century.

Davis 43.214 N&W General Offices.jpg
The former general office building of Norfolk and Western, located at 108 N. Jefferson Street, now houses the Roanoke Higher Education Center.

Davis 25.313 Our Lady of Nazareth.jpg
Our Lady of Nazareth Catholic Church. Formerly located at 820 Campbell Avenue, this structure was the first church, completed in 1926. It was used by the church until 1978 when the current structure was completed on Electric Road. The structure in…

Davis 24.02 St. Johns Episcopal.jpg
St. John's Episcopal Church, located on the corner of Jefferson Street and Elm Avenue.

Davis 22.22 Greene Memorial UMC.jpg
Greene Memorial United Methodist Church, located at 402 2nd Street SW.

Davis 19.141 YWCA.jpg
The Young Women's Christian Association formed a Roanoke chapter in 1914. This building was built around 1930 at the 605 1st Street SW.

Davis 19.01 Victory Stadium.jpg
Victory Stadium opened in 1942. It would host many events in its 6 decade existence, including the annual Thanksgiving Day Harvest Bowl football game between Virginia Tech and Virginia Military Institute. The stadium was razed in 2006.

Davis 14.22 Shenandoah Hospital.jpg
Shenandoah Hospital, formerly located at 712 Campbell Avenue. Built in 1912, the 65-bed hospital closed in 1974. The building was razed in 1976.

Davis 14.12 Burrell Memorial Hospital.jpg
Roanoke's first African-American hospital, Burrell Memorial, was founded in 1915 in a small cottage on Henry Street. It soon outgrew the Henry Street location and moved into the former Alleghany Institute, a school for boys located at 611 McDowell…

Davis 13.14 Roanoke County Courthouse.jpg
The old Roanoke County Courthouse, located at 301 E. Main Street in Salem was completed in 1910. Offices moved to a new building in 1985. The building is now owned by Roanoke College.

Davis 12.4 Commonwealth Building.jpg
Originally constructed as the United States Post Office and Federal Courthouse in 1932, the Commonwealth Building is located at 220 Church Avenue.

Davis 2.163 Campbell Avenue.jpg
Looking east on Campbell Avenue near the Jefferson Street intersection. On the right is the First National Exchange Bank; visible on the left are Hanover Shoe, Virginia Dare Dresses and United Cigars.

Davis 2.28 Boxley Building.jpg
Still under construction in this photograph, the Boxley Building was built by W.W. Boxley, then mayor of Roanoke. The building is located at 416 S. Jefferson Street.

Davis 2.27 Professional Arts Building.jpg
Constructed in 1929, the Professional Arts Building, formerly known as the Medical Arts Building, is located at 30 Franklin Road.

Davis 16.9 Shenandoah Hotel.jpg
The Shenandoah Hotel opened on 5 November 1909. Originally consisting of two buildings, separated by an 8-foot alley, the Salem Avenue facing building seen here would later become the Hotel Lee followed by the Hotel Earle. The building was destroyed…

Davis 1.14 Mill Mountain.jpg
Looking southeast toward Mill Mountain from just across Day Avenue between First Street and Jefferson Street. The large multi-story building left of center was Jefferson Apartments. Nearly all of the buildings seen in the foreground have been…

Davis 2.26 Anchor Building.jpg
The Anchor Building under construction. Built by Roanoke Gas Company, it was completed in 1910 and is located at the corner of 1st Street and Kirk Avenue. The building was used by Roanoke Gas until 1931 when Shenandoah Life Insurance Company…

Davis 16.78 Roanoker Motor Lodge.jpg
The Roanoker Motor Lodge, formerly located at 7645 Williamson Road.

Davis 30.2 2501 Inglewood Road.jpg
Home located at 2501 Inglewood Road SW.

Davis 31.6 Gale House.jpg
Home of Dr. Joseph Gale, formerly located on the corner of Jefferson Street and Bullitt Avenue.

Davis 14.95 Coyner Springs.jpg
A partial view of one of the wards in Coyner Springs Sanatorium.

Davis 14.94 Coyner Springs.jpg
View of main corridor on lower floor of Coyner Springs Sanatorium.

Davis 14.92 Coyner Springs.jpg
Side view of Coyner Springs Sanatorium showing courtyard and "colored" entrance.

Davis 14.91 Coyner Springs.jpg
View of front of Coyner Springs Sanatorium, built in 1939 as a tuberculosis sanatorium on the former grounds of Coyner Springs Resort.

Davis 14.9 Coyner Springs.jpg
Front view of center section, showing entrance and offices on lower floor and nurses' quarters on second floor of Coyner Springs Sanatorium.

Davis 11.28 Back Creek School.jpg
The original Back Creek School, located just off of Route 221, was used until the current Back Creek Elementary was constructed in 1937.

Davis 1.81 Tinker Creek.jpg
Looking east on Orange Avenue at Tinker Creek.

Davis 2.121 Jefferson and Franklin.jpg
View of the building on the corner of Jefferson Street and Franklin Road. Among the businesses occupying this area were the Jefferson Street Pharmacy, Morgan's Restaurant, Katheryne Marechal Beauty Salon, John Norman Tayloring and the Park Theatre. …

Davis 2.1313 Barr Brothers.jpg
Barr Brothers Jewelers, formerly located at 4 Campell Avenue SE.

Davis 4.41 FNEB Sign.jpg
First National Exchange Bank billboard on Grandin Road near the intersection with Bluemont Avenue SW.

Davis 19.821 English Gardens.jpg
English Gardens apartment complex at the corner of Memorial Avenue and Fauquier Street SW.

Davis 11.73 Oakland Elementary.jpg
Oakland Elementary School, formerly located at 3229 Williamson Road NW. Oakland is now the Noel C. Taylor Learning Academy at Oakland.

Davis 23.216 Raleigh Court Presbyterian.jpg
Raleigh Court Presbyterian Church, located at 1837 Grandin Road.

Davis 23.31 Belmont Presbyterian.jpg
Belmont Presbyterian Church located at 1005 9th Street Southeast.

Davis 23.34 Belmont Presbyterian.jpg
Belmont Presbyterian Church located at 1005 9th Street Southeast.

Davis 23.41 First Presbyterian.jpg
First Presbyterian Church located at 2101 Jefferson Street.

Davis 23.51 Second Presbyterian.jpg
Second Presbyterian Church, located at 214 Mountain Avenue SW.

Davis 23.52 Second Presbyterian.jpg
Second Presbyterian Church, located at 214 Mountain Avenue SW.

Davis 23.61 West End Presbyterian.jpg
West End Presbyterian Church, located at 1200 Campbell Avenue SW.

Davis 23.611 West End Presbyterian.jpg
West End Presbyterian Church, located at 1200 Campbell Avenue SW.

Davis 24.18 St. John's Parish.jpg
St. John's Episcopal Church Parish House, located at the corner of Elm Avenue and Jefferson Street. The church was constructed in 1892. The Parish House was constructed in 1922. It was remodeled in 1957; stone replaced the brick facade seen in…

Davis 24.215 Christ Episcopal.jpg
Mural behind the pulpit of Christ Episcopal Church, located at 1101 Franklin Road SW.

Davis 24.2 Christ Episcopal.jpg
Christ Episcopal Church choir stands next to the church, located at 1101 Franklin Road SW.

Davis 22.97 St. John's AME Zion.jpg
Originally Bethany Presbyterian Church, the building was later used by First Methodist Episcopal Church before becoming St. John's African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church, formerly located on Gilmer Avenue near Commonwealth Avenue NE.

Davis 22.45 Pilgrim Holiness.jpg
Pilgrim Holiness Church, formerly located at 599 19th Street NW.

Davis 22.95 Mt. Zion AME.jpg
Mt. Zion African Methodist Episcopal Church, formerly located on Gainsboro Road near Rutherford Avenue NW.

Davis 44.713 Kroger.jpg
Kroger, formerly located at 307 Market Street SE in the Wigmore Building.

Davis 44.714 Kroger.jpg
Kroger, formerly located at 1319 Grandin Road SW.

Davis 68.9 Philpott Dam.jpg
The Philpott Dam on the Smith River during construction.

Davis 68.91 Philpott Dam.jpg
Philpott Dam on the Smith River.

Davis 45.311 Strietmann Biscuit.jpg
Strietmann Biscuit Company, formerly located at 1600 S. Jefferson Street.

Davis 46.81 Larry Dow Pontiac.jpg
Used cars on the lot of Larry Dow Pontiac, formerly located at 425 Marshall Avenue SW.

Davis 46.811 Larry Dow Pontiac.jpg
Larry Dow Pontiac, formerly located at 425 Marshall Avenue SW.

Davis 46.321 Peters Creek Esso.jpg
Peters Creek Esso Station, formerly located at 2700 Peters Creek Road NW.

Davis 46.333 Vances Esso.jpg
Vance's Esso Station, formerly located at 108 Commonwealth Avenue NE.

Davis 46.334 Bower Esso.jpg
Bower Esso Station, formerly located at 101 Commonwealth Avenue NE.

Davis 48.6232 Garlands Drugstore.jpg
Soda fountain inside Garland's Drugstore, formerly located at 1327 Grandin Road SW.

Davis 56 James, Rev-2.jpg
Reverend A.L. James (fourth from right) of First Baptist Church and parishioners.

Davis 48.712 Archies Lobster House.jpg
Archie’s Lobster House, formerly located at Williamson Road and Peters Creek Road, was Roanoke’s first seafood restaurant when it opened in 1947. Until 1978, it was operated by Archie Parrish. It was razed in 1981.

Davis 48.6233 Garlands Drugstore.jpg
Interior view of Garland's Drugstore, formerly located at 1327 Grandin Road SW.

Davis 1.81 Tinker Creek.jpg
Looking east on Orange Avenue NE at Tinker Creek.

Davis 1.322 Carlton Terrace.jpg
Entrance of Carlton Terrace, formerly located in the 900 block of Jefferson Street.

Davis 1.321 Carlton Terrace.jpg
Looking north on Jefferson Street in the 900 block, Carlton Terrace is on the right.

Davis 1.32 Carlton Terrace.jpg
Carlton Terrace apartment building, formerly located in the 900 block of Jefferson Street.

Davis 1.31 Walnut and Jefferson.jpg
Corner store formerly located at the intersection of Walnut Avenue and Jefferson Street. Walnut Avenue Meat Market, Hutson's Grocery and the American Cafe were among its tenants. The Bridge Inn is just visible at left.

Davis 21.531 Jefferson Street Baptist.jpg
Jefferson Street Baptist Church, formerly located at the corner of Jefferson Street and Wells Avenue NW.

Davis 21.8 Melrose Baptist.jpg
Melrose Baptist Church, formerly located at 1130 Melrose Avenue NW. The building is now used by Holiness Tabernacle Church of God in Christ.

Davis 21.7 High Street Baptist.jpg
High Street Baptist Church, formerly located at 23-25 Centre Avenue NW. The congregation built a new sanctuary at 2302 Florida Avenue NW in 1971. This building was razed in 1974.

Davis 23.5 Fifth Avenue Presbyterian.jpg
The old Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church, formerly located at the corner of Patton Avenue (once 5th Avenue) and 3rd Street NW. The stained glass window is the Jackson Window, installed in 1905 by Rev. L.L. Downing, the pastor of the Fifth Avenue…

Davis 21.22 First Baptist Gainsboro.jpg
First Baptist Church was located at 407 N. Jefferson Street. Built between 1898 and 1900, it was used by the congregation until a new sanctuary was built in 1982. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990. The building was…

Davis 28.34 Virginia Heights Lutheran.jpg
Virginia Heights Lutheran Church was the predecessor of Christ Lutheran Church. This chapel was located at what is now 1320 Grandon Road. Built in 1917, the chapel was in use by the congregation until 1948.

Davis 28.33 Virginia Heights Lutheran.jpg
Virginia Heights Lutheran Church was the predecessor of Christ Lutheran Church. This chapel was located at what is now 1320 Grandin Road. Built in 1917, the chapel was in use by the congregation until 1948.

Davis 71.223 Craig Healing Springs.jpg
A view of the grounds and guest cottages at Craig Healing Springs.

Davis 71.214 Craig Healing Springs.jpg
The Salem Cottage at Craig Healing Springs.

Davis 71.212 Craig Healing Springs.jpg
J.W. Ould Cottage at Craig Healing Springs.

Davis 71.14 Craig Healing Springs.jpg
Guests in the swimming pool at Craig Healing Springs.

Davis 71.11 Craig Healing Springs.jpg
Entrance gate at Craig Healing Springs.

Davis 71.184 Craig Healing Springs.jpg
The central office at Craig Healing Springs.

Davis 66.822 Franklin Road Bridge.jpg
A view of Franklin Road Bridge as seen from Reserve Avenue.

Davis 66.821 Franklin Road Bridge.jpg
Franklin Road Bridge.

Davis 66.216 Wasena Bridge.jpg
Wasena Bridge shortlyafter completion. Roanoke Ice and Cold Storage visible in background.

Davis 66.213 Wasena Bridge.jpg
Wasena Bridge shortly after completion.

Davis 65.64 Fire Station #8.jpg
Located at 2328 Crystal Spring Avenue, Fire Station #8 opened on 23 January 1929 and still serves the community today.

Davis 65.6 Fire Station #8.jpg
Fireman of Firestation #8. Located at 2328 Crystal Spring Avenue, Station #8 opened on 23 January 1929 and still serves the community today.

Davis 65.511 Fire Station #5.jpg
Firemen of Fire Station #5. Station #5 opened in 1911. While no longer used as a fire station, the building still stands at 216 12th Street NW.

Davis 62.16 Roanoke Municipal Airfield.jpg
Grading improvements being made to the runway at Roanoke Municipal Airfield.

Davis 62.1401 Anchor Post Fence.jpg
Anchor Post Fence Company plane at Roanoke Municipal Airfield.

Davis 62.133 AA Mail Plane.jpg
American Airlines airmail plane at Roanoke Municipal Airfield.

Davis 62.1312 VPA Biplane.jpg
Volunteer Pilots Association Waco biplane at Roanoke Municipal Airfield.

Davis 62.124 Biplane.jpg
Clayton Lemon (left) and an unidentified man stand next to a Waco aircraft.

Davis 62.123 Biplane.jpg
An unidentified man poses next to a biplane at Roanoke Municipal Airfield.

Davis 62.121 Biplane.jpg
Clayton Lemon poses next to a biplane.

Davis 48k Kroger.jpg
Kroger formerly located at 305 1st Street SE.

Davis 48j Kroger.jpg
Kroger formerly located at 604 11th Street NW.

Davis 48i Kroger.jpg
Kroger formerly located at 828 Jamison Avenue SE.

Davis 47.231d Southern States.jpg
Southern States Cooperative Mills, located at 1003 Walnut Avenue.

Davis 47.231b Southern States.jpg
Southern States Cooperative Mills, located at 1003 Walnut Avenue.

Davis 47.231a Southern States.jpg
Southern States Cooperative Mills, located at 1003 Walnut Avenue.

Davis 47.221f C.L. Fielder.jpg
C.L. Fielder Structural Steel, formerly located at 745 Norfolk Avenue NW.

Davis 47.221e C.L. Fielder.jpg
C.L. Fielder Structural Steel, formerly located at 745 Norfolk Avenue NW.

Davis 46.421 Willett Esso Tanker.jpg
Willett Brothers Transfer tanker at Williett's Esso, formerly located at 324 Orange Avenue NE.

Davis 43.231 Antrim Motors.jpg
Antrim Motors, formerly located at 510 McClanahan Street SW.

Davis 46.21 Renick Motor Company.jpg
Renick Motor Company, formerly located at 2239 Franklin Road SW.

Davis 45.512 Virginia Bridge Company.jpg
Virginia Bridge Company shops and yards.

Davis 44.329 Heironimus.jpg
Heironimus and Company when located at 34-38 Campbell Avenue. The history of Heironimus downtown follows: Heironimus and Brugh Dry Goods started in 1890 at 110 Commerce Street and later 206 Commerce Street SW (2nd Street). A new building was…

Davis 44.327 Berts Shoes.jpg
Bert's Shoes, formerly located at 9 Campbell Avenue SW.

Davis 44.326 Taylor-Rutrough.jpg
Taylor-Rutrough Menswear, formerly located at 28 Church Avenue SW.

Davis 44.325 Finks Jewelers.jpg
Fink's Jewelers, formerly located at 310 S. Jefferson Street.

Davis 44.322 Leggetts.jpg
Leggetts decorated for Christmas, formerly located at 112 Campbell Avenue SW.

Davis 44.2299 Auto Spring & Bearing.jpg
Auto Spring & Bearing Company, formerly located at the corner of Luck Avenue and 1st Street SW.

Davis 44.2298 Auto Spring & Bearing.jpg
Looking east at Auto Spring & Bearing Company, formerly located at the corner of Luck Avenue and 1st Street SW.

Davis 39 RMH Nurses Home.jpg
Roanoke Memorial Hospital nurses' home, formerly located in the 1600 block of Belleview Avenue SE.

Davis 43.311 Bank of Virginia.jpg
Construction of the Bank of Virginia, formerly located at 102 Church Avenue SW, is now First Citizens Bank.

Davis 41.251 Thrashers Mill.jpg
Thrasher's Mill, also known as Waskey's and Obenshain's Mill was built circa 1848, shortly after the establishment of the town of Jackson (now Springwood) in Botetourt County, The third story was removed in the 1920s. It is now used as a private…

Davis 27.631 Glad Tidings.jpg
Interior view of Glad Tidings Assembly of God, formerly located at 1217 Maple Avenue SW.

Davis 27.63 Glad Tidings.jpg
Glad Tidings Assembly of God, formerly located at 1217 Maple Avenue SW.

Davis 27.54 Troutville CoB.jpg
The old Troutville Church of the Brethren, formerly located in the 5100 block of Lee Highway.

Davis 27.53 First CoB.jpg
The old First Church of the Brethren, located at 730 Loudon Avenue NW, is now Loudon Avenue Christian Church.

Davis 27.571 9th Street CoB.jpg
Ninth Street Church of the Brethren, located at 1103 9th Street SE.

Davis 27.57 9th Street CoB.jpg
Ninth Street Church of the Brethren, located at 1103 9th Street SE.

Davis 27.27 Melrose Avenue Christian.jpg
Melrose Avenue Christian Church, formerly located at 2126 Melrose Avenue NW.

Davis 27.22 Belmont Christian.jpg
The old Belmont Christian Church sanctuary, located at 11th Street and Jamison Avenue SE.

Davis 27.11 First Church of Christ Scientist.jpg
First Church of Christ Scientist, formerly located at the corner of Church Avenue and 5th Street.

Davis 26.11 Beth Israel Group.jpg
Beth Israel clergy on the steps of the synagogue, located at 920 Franklin Road SW.

Davis 23.213 Raleigh Court Presbyterian.jpg
Raleigh Court Presbyterian Church, located at 1837 Grandin Road SW.

Davis 23.11 Old First Presbyterian.jpg
Old First Presbyterian Church, formerly located on the southwest corner of Church Avenue and 3rd Street.

Davis 22.717 Raleigh Court UMC.jpg
Raleigh Court United Methodist Church, located at 1706 Grandin Road SW.

Davis 22.716 Raleigh Court UMC.jpg
Raleigh Court United Methodist Church, located at 1706 Grandin Road SW.

Davis 22.713 Raleigh Court UMC.jpg
Raleigh Court United Methodist Church, located at 1706 Grandin Road SW.

Davis 22.712 Raleigh Court UMC.jpg
Raleigh Court United Methodist Church, located at 1706 Grandin Road SW.

Davis 22.711 Raleigh Court UMC.jpg
Raleigh Court United Methodist Church, located at 1706 Grandin Road SW.

Davis 22.71 Raleigh Court UMC.jpg
Raleigh Court United Methodist Church, located at 1706 Grandin Road SW.

Davis 22.622 Trinity UMC.jpg
Trinity United Methodist Church, located at 305 Mountain Avenue SW.

Davis 22.621 Trinity UMC.jpg
Trinity United Methodist Church, located at 305 Mountain Avenue SW.

Davis 22.61 Trinity UMC.jpg
Trinity United Methodist Church, located at 305 Mountain Avenue SW.

Davis 22.6 Trinity UMC.jpg
Trinity United Methodist Church, located at 305 Mountain Avenue SW.

Davis 22.51 Belmont UMC.jpg
Belmont United Methodist Church, formerly located at 806 Jamison Avenue SE. The building is now used by Metropolitan Community Church.

Davis 22.5 Belmont UMC.jpg
Belmont United Methodist Church, formerly located at 806 Jamison Avenue SE. The building is now used by Metropolitan Community Church.

Davis 22.42 West End UMC.jpg
West End United Methodist Church, located at 550 13th Street SW.

Davis 22.41 West End UMC.jpg
West End United Methodist Church, located at 550 13th Street SW.

Davis 22.4 West End UMC.jpg
West End United Methodist Church, located at 550 13th Street SW.

Davis 22.34 Melrose UMC Choir.jpg
Melrose United Methodist Church choir.

Davis 22.32 Melrose UMC.jpg
Melrose United Methodist Church, formerly located at 1301 Melrose Avenue NW.

Davis 22.3 Melrose UMC.jpg
Melrose United Methodist Church, formerly located at 1301 Melrose Avenue NW.

Davis 22.21 Greene Memorial UMC.jpg
Greene Memorial United Methodist Church, located at 402 2nd Street SW.

Davis 22.2 Greene Memorial UMC.jpg
Greene Memorial United Methodist Church, located at 402 2nd Street SW.

Davis 22.16 St Pauls UMC.jpg
St. Paul's United Methodist Church, located at 502 Gilmer Avenue NW.

Davis 22.15 Lee Street Methodist Episcopal.jpg
Lee Street Methodist Episcopal Church, formerly located at 3rd Street and Harrison Avenue NE.

Davis 22.1 Tazewell Avenue Methodist.jpg
Tazewell Avenue Methodist Church, formerly located at 401 Tazewell Avenue SE, is now part of the Rescue Mission.

Davis 21.55 Villa Heights Baptist.jpg
Villa Heights Baptist Church, formerly located at 1020 Lafayette Boulevard NW.

Davis 21.545 Virginia Heights Baptist.jpg
Interior view of the current sanctuary of Virginia Heights Baptist Church, located at 2014 Memorial Avenue SW.

Davis 21.542 Virginia Heights Baptist.jpg
Interior view of the current sanctuary of Virginia Heights Baptist Church, located at 2014 Memorial Avenue SW.

Davis 21.54a Virginia Heights Baptist.jpg
The first sanctuary of Virginia Heights Baptist Church, located at 2014 Memorial Avenue SW.

Davis 21.521 Vinton Baptist.jpg
The old sanctuary of Vinton Baptist Church, Completed in 1923, this sanctuary was used until 1986 when it was razed for the new sanctuary, located at 219 Washington Avenue.

Davis 21.52 Vinton Baptist.jpg
The old sanctuary of Vinton Baptist Church. Completed in 1923, this sanctuary was used until 1986 when it was razed for the new sanctuary, located at 219 Washington Avenue.

Davis 21.411 Hill Street Baptist.jpg
A group of children in front of Hill Street Baptist Church. This building was located on 5th Street NW. It was razed in 1978 as a result of "urban renewal".

Davis 21.309 Calvary Baptist.jpg
The old Calvary Baptist Church, formerly located on Campbell Avenue between 5th Street and 6th Street. This building was used until completion of the current building in 1925.

Davis 21.212 First Baptist.jpg
First Baptist Church, located at 515 3rd Street SW.

Davis 21.215 First Baptist Church doors.jpg
First Baptist Church, located at 515 3rd Street SW.

Davis 21.209 First Baptist.jpg
The old First Baptist Church, formerly located on opposite side of 3rd Street from the new building.

Davis 21.11 Belmont Baptist.jpg
Belmont Baptist Church, located at 825 Stewart Avenue SE.

Davis 16.75 Motel Hollins.jpg
Motel Hollins, formerly located at 1231 Lee HIghway.

Davis 16.6 Air Castle Court.jpg
Air Castle Court Motel, formerly located at 7121 Williamson Road.

Davis 16.437 PH Kitchen Staff.jpg
Unidentified kitchen staff in the ballroom of the Patrick Henry Hotel.

Davis 16.436 PH Guest Room.jpg
A typical guest room in the Patrick Henry Hotel.

Davis 16.435 PH Lobby.jpg
Lobby of the Patrick Henry Hotel.

Davis 16.434 PH Ballroom.jpg
The ballroom of the Patrick Henry Hotel.

Davis 16.4321 PH Dining.jpg
Interior view of the Terrace Dining Room inside the Patrick Henry Hotel.

Davis 16.4311 PH Coffee Shop.jpg
Interior view of the coffee shop located inside the Patrick Henry Hotel.

Davis 16.422 Patrick Henry.jpg
Close-up showing main entrance to the Patrick Henry Hotel on Jefferson Street.

Davis 16.415 Patrick Henry.jpg
The Patrick Henry Hotel as seen from Elmwood Park.

Davis 14.84 Catawba Sanatorium.jpg
The main hospital building at Catawba Sanatorium.

Davis 14.51 Roanoke Hospital.jpg
Founded in 1899, Roanoke Hospital was the predecessor to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital.

Davis 14.47 Lewis-Gale Hospital.jpg
Lewis-Gale Hospital was built in 1909 as a partnership between Dr. Sparrell Gale and Dr. J.N. Lewis. The original hospital stood at the northwest corner of 3rd Street and Luck Avenue.

Davis 14.34 Jefferson Hospital.jpg
Jefferson Hospital, founded in 1907 by Dr. Hugh Trout, was the predecessor of Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital. Formerly located at 1313 Franklin Road SW, the hospital closed in 1967 and was later razed.

Davis 14.331 Jefferson Nursing Class.jpg
Jefferson Hospital nursing class of 1944.

Davis 14.01 St. Charles Hospital.jpg
The St. Charles Hospital was located at 533 Mountain Avenue SW. It was opened in 1913 under the direction of Dr. J.C. Burke. It closed in 1934. The building is now used as apartments.

Davis 7.213 Elizabeth Heights.jpg
Elizabeth Heights Apartments from the corner of Idaho Street and Elizabeth Avenue in Salem.

Davis 7.212 Elizabeth Heights.jpg
Elizabeth Heights Apartments, located from the corner of Idaho Street and Illinois Avenue in Salem.

Davis 7.211 Elizabeth Heights.jpg
Apartment complex located in the 2300 block of Denniston Avenue SW.

Davis 11.22 Morningside Elementary.jpg
Morningside Elementary School, located at 1716 Wilson Street SE.

Davis 11.45 Woodrow Wilson Middle.jpg
Woodrow Wilson Middle School, located at 1813 Carter Road SW.

Davis 11.31 Norwich School.jpg
Norwich School opened in 1891 in the 2200 block of Roanoke Avenue SW. The school was closed in 1979.

Davis 11.9 Classroom.jpg
Typical classroom of an unknown Roanoke school.

Davis 11.8 Andrew Lewis High School.jpg
Andrew Lewis High School, (now Middle School) is located at 616 S. College Avenue in Salem.

Davis 44.412 RT Building.jpg
The Roanoke Times & World News building located at 2nd Street and Salem Avenue SW. Although it has gone through changes over the years, the building is still used by the Times.

Davis 44.49 RT Construction.jpg
Construction of the Roanoke Times & World News building located at 2nd Street and Salem Avenue SW.

Davis 44.48 RT Construction.jpg
Construction of the Roanoke Times & World News building located at 2nd Street and Salem Avenue SW.

Davis 44.47 RT Construction.jpg
Construction of the Roanoke Times & World News building located at 2nd Street and Salem Avenue SW.

Davis 44.45 RT Construction.jpg
Construction of the Roanoke Times & World News building located at 2nd Street and Salem Avenue SW.

Davis 44.43 RT Construction.jpg
Construction of the Roanoke Times & World News building located at 2nd Street and Salem Avenue SW.

Davis 44.41 RT Construction.jpg
Construction of the Roanoke Times & World News building located at the corner of 2nd Street and Salem Avenue SW.

Davis 44.4 RT Construction.jpg
Construction of the Roanoke Times & World News building located at the corner of 2nd Street and Salem Avenue SW.

Davis 4.214 American Viscose Parade.jpg
American Viscose employees with decorated car for a World War I drive parade.

Davis 4.213 American Viscose Parade.jpg
American Viscose employees at a World War I drive parade. Norfolk & Western shops visible in background.

Davis 4.212 American Viscose Parade.jpg
American Viscose employees with decorated car for a World War I drive parade. Norfolk & Western shops visible in background.

Davis 4.211 American Viscose Parade.jpg
American Viscose employees with decorated car for World War I drive parade. Norfolk & Western shops visible in background.

Davis 47.431 Loebl Dye Works.jpg
Wet cleaning department at Loebl Dye Works. Men from left are: William Staples, Robert Loebl, Walter Morgenthau and unknown.

Davis 47.43 Loebl Dye Works.jpg
Loebl Dye Works, formerly located at 348 Salem Avenue SW.

Davis 15.617 Gainsboro Branch Library.jpg
A female member of the US Air Force at a children's program at the Gainsboro Branch Library.

Davis 2.243 Elks Parade Car.jpg
Car decorated for a parade with Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks regalia.

Davis 2.242 Elks Lodge.jpg
Roanoke Lodge #197 of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks. The lodge once stood on the corner of Jefferson Street and Franklin Road.

Davis2.241 Elks Lodge.jpg
Roanoke Lodge #197 of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks. The lodge once stood on the corner of Jefferson Street and Franklin Road.

Davis 2.249 Pythian Building.jpg
Knights of Pythias, Oceola Number 47, located at 5 Franklin Road SW.

Davis 65.023 Vinton Fire Department.jpg
Members of the Vinton Fire Department.

Davis 106 Golden Jubilee.jpg
Spectators gather in front of the Municipal Building on Campbell Avenue to watch the Golden Jubilee parade.

Davis 1.13 State & City.jpg
The first 3 floors of the State & City Building were built in 1905 for the State & City Bank. The additional 5 floors were added in the late 1920s. In 2008, the State & City building became Roanoke's first LEED certified building in the city. It…

Davis 9C OutskirtsofRoanoke.jpg
Ice on the Niagara Dam, four miles east of Roanoke on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Davis 9B Outskirts of Roanoke.jpg
Cows grazing next to pond on the outskirts of Roanoke. Exact location unknown

Davis 91.1c Union Tunnel.jpg
A view of the interior of the Union tunnel beneath the Crater, constructed by the 48th Pennsylvania Regiment under Colonel Pleasants. It was here that a four ton charge of powder was placed and exploded between Elliot's Salient.

Davis 91.1b Confederate Tunnels.jpg
Confederate Tunnels beneath supporting works to Fort Mahone at Pine Gardens. The purpose of the tunnels was to detect any mining that might be attempted by the Union and they were used as storage for ammunition and refuge during heavy cannonading.

Davis 91.1a The Crater.jpg
The Crater is the scene of the Battle of the Crater that occurred on 30 July 1864 as part of the Siege on Petersburg. Pennsylvania miners dug a 511 foot tunnel and placed a four ton charge of powder under Pegram's Confederate battery. The explosion…

Davis 9.21 Big Lick Signpost.jpg
Sign for Big Lick, 7 miles, and Botetourt Springs, 6 miles. An inset of the sign from another angle is included.

Davis 9.12 Auto parade.jpg
Roanoke's first auto parade on Campbell Ave. in front of present Municipal Building. United Commercial Travelers Grand Council parade. Ponce De Leon Hotel in right background.

Davis 88.8 Ku Klux Klan.jpg
Ku Klux Klan convention. Photograph taken in front of the Colonial Club, formerly located at 602 Day Avenue SW.

Davis 83.21 Great Southern Mail Route.jpg
Map showing the Great Southern Mail Route.

Davis 8.6 View of the Narrows.jpg
Panoramic view of Narrows, Virginia.

Davis 8.3 Fincastle Presbyterian Church.jpg
Fincastle Presbyterian Church located at 108 E. Back Street in Fincastle, Virginia

Davis 75.861b Rader Chapel.jpg
Rader Funeral Home is located at 630 Roanoke Road in Daleville. This building was replaced with the current building in 1996.

Davis 75.861a Radar Chapel.jpg
Rader Funeral Home is located at 630 Roanoke Road in Daleville. This building was replaced with the current building in 1996.

Davis 75.81 Oakey Funeral Home.jpg
Built in 1901 as the home of Theophilus J. Shickel, the home was conveyed to John M. Oakey and Son Funeral Home in 1936.

Davis 71.255 Craig Healing Springs.jpg
The Roy Lemon trio performs at Craig Healing Springs.

Davis 71.2524 copy.jpg
Guests play cards at Craig Healing Springs

Davis 71.2523 Craig Healing Springs.jpg
The dance floor in full swing at Craig Healing Springs.

Davis 71.2522 Craig Healing Springs.jpg
Guests enjoy a performance at Craig Healing Springs.

Davis 71.2521 Craig Healing Springs.jpg
Guests attend a church service held in the Glass House at Craig Healing Springs.

Davis 71.24 Craig Healing Springs.jpg
An unidentified group poses in front of the spring house at Craig Healing Springs.

Davis 71.224 Craig Healing Springs.jpg
An unidentified group next to the Glass House at Craig Healing Springs. The brick building the the Oak Lodge.

Davis 71.185 Craig Healing Springs.jpg
The central office of Craig Healing Springs.

Davis 71.182 Craig Healing Springs.jpg
The central office of Craig Healing Springs.

Davis 71.17 Craig Healing Springs.jpg
A chef prepares biscuits in the Craig Healing Springs kitchen.

Davis 71.16 Craig Healing Springs.jpg
A night view of Craig Healing Springs Resort.

Davis 71.131 Craig Healing Springs.jpg
Guests dine in the dining hall at Craig Healing Springs.

Davis 71.13 Craig Healing Springs.jpg
Interior view of the dining hall at Craig Healing Springs.

Davis 71.12 Craig Healing Springs.jpg
The Jefferson at Craig Healing Springs was built in 1910. Though some of the buildings still exist, the Jefferson was razed in 1970.

Davis 71.112 Craig Healing Springs.jpg
Main entrance to Craig Healing Springs

Davis 71.101 Craig Healing Springs.jpg
An unidentified group stands in front of the dining hall and central office of Craig Healing Springs.

Davis 70.11 Roaring Run Furnace.jpg
Built circa 1832, Roaring Run Furnace was a hot-blast iron furnace. Located in the Jefferson National Forest, the furnace was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.

Davis 7.21 Elizabeth Heights Apartments.jpg
Elizabeth Heights apartment complex, located on Idaho and Illinois Streets in Salem.

Davis 68.32 Carvins Cove Falls.jpg
Cascade Falls in Pembroke, Virginia.

Davis 68.31 Carvins Cove Falls.jpg
Cascade Falls in Pembroke, Virginia.

Davis 68.221 Mill Mountain Observation Tower.jpg
The first observation tower on Mill Mountain was built circa 1892 along with Rockledge Inn. The tower was destroyed during a violent wind storm in 1914. Another tower was constructed to replace it shortly thereafter.

Davis 68.22 Mill Mountain Star.jpg
Mill Mountain Star was constructed in 1949 by the Roanoke Merchants Association to kick off the 1949 holiday shopping season. Though at first the star was not meant to be lit all year, it became popular enough with citizens that it was decided to…

Davis 68.21a Dixie Caverns.jpg
Entrance to Dixie Caverns.

Davis 68.2182 Dixie Caverns.jpg
"The Musical Room" at Dixie Caverns.

Davis 68.2181 Dixie Caverns.jpg
An interior view of Dixie Caverns.

Davis 68.218 Dixie Caverns.jpg
The "Magic Mirror" reflecting pool at Dixie Caverns.

Davis 68.216 Dixie Caverns.jpg
Stalactite formation known as the "Cascades" at Dixie Caverns.

Davis 68.215 Dixie Caverns.jpg
Stalactite formation known as the "Organ Screen" st Dixie Caverns

Davis 68.213b Dixie Caverns.jpg
Stalagmite formation known as "The Leaning Tower" at Dixie Caverns

Davis 68.212a Dixie Caverns.jpg
Flowstone formation known at the "Wedding Bell" at Dixie Caverns.

Davis 68.21 Dixie Caverns Sign.jpg
Billboard sign for Dixie Caverns.

Davis 68.1 Natural Bridge.jpg
Natural Bridge

Davis 67.7 Roanoke Country Club.jpg
The terrace overlooking the golf course at Roanoke Country Club, located at 3360 Country Club Drive. The club saw its beginnings in South Roanoke in 1899. The club moved to its current location in 1908. This clubhouse was the second to be…

Davis 67.6 Roanoke Country Club.jpg
Interior view of the Roanoke Country Club clubhouse, located at 3360 Country Club Drive. The club saw its beginnings in South Roanoke in 1899. The club moved to its current location in 1908. This clubhouse was the second to be constructed at the…

Davis 67.5 Roanoke Country Club.jpg
Exterior view from the golf course of the Roanoke Country Club, located at 3360 Country Club Drive. The club saw its beginnings in South Roanoke in 1899. The club moved to its current location in 1908. This clubhouse was the second to be…

Davis 67.4 Roanoke Country Club.jpg
Exterior view of the Roanoke Country Club, located at 3360 Country Club Drive. The club saw its beginnings in South Roanoke in 1899. The club moved to its current location in 1908. This clubhouse was the second to be constructed at the current…

Davis 67.3 Roanoke Country Club.jpg
Exterior view of the Roanoke Country Club, located at 3360 Country Club Drive. The club saw its beginnings in South Roanoke in 1899. The club moved to its current location in 1908. This clubhouse was the second to be constructed at the current…

Davis 67.2c copy.jpg
Roanoke Country Club Christmas dinner and dance

Davis 67.2b Roanoke Country Club.jpg
Couples enjoy dancing at a Christmas party at Roanoke Country Club.

Davis 67.2a Roanoke Country Club.jpg
Couples enjoy dancing at a Christmas party at Roanoke Country Club.

Davis 67.2 Roanoke Country Club.jpg
Banquet table set up for Christmas party at the Roanoke Country Club.

Davis 67.1 Roanoke Country Club.jpg
Roanoke Country Club as seen from the fairway. The club saw its beginnings in South Roanoke in 1899. The club moved to its current location in 1908. This clubhouse was the second to be constructed at the current location; it was completed in 1924.

Davis 66i Buchanan Bridge.jpg
New concrete bridge built to replace the steel bridge at left. Though the steel bridge was removed, a swinging bridge was erected in its place.

Davis 66h Buchanan Bridge.jpg
Old bridge over the James River in Buchanan. The new concrete bridge seen at right. The steel bridge stood in the location of the current swinging bridge.

Davis 66g Franklin Road Bridge.jpg
Franklin Road Bridge under construction.

Davis 66c BRPW Bridge.jpg
Bridge over the Roanoke River on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Davis 66b Wasena Bridge.jpg
Wasena Bridge under construction. The old Wasena Bridge can be seen paralleling the new one. The new bridge was completed in 1940.

Davis 66.91 Robert F. Craft Memorial Bridge.jpg
Robert F. Craft Memorial Bridge over the Jackson River. This bridge, replaced the covered bridge next to it.

Davis 66.826 Franklin Road Bridge.jpg
Franklin Road Bridge under construction.

Davis 66.825 Franklin Road Bridge.jpg
Franklin Road Bridge under construction.

Davis 66.823 Franklin Road Bridge.jpg
Franklin Road Bridge under construction.

Davis 66.815 Walnut Avenue Bridge.jpg
Walnut Avenue Bridge.

Davis 66.811 Franklin Road RW Bridge.jpg
Norfolk & Western railway bridge over Franklin Road.

Davis 66.81 Franklin Road RW Bridge.jpg
Railway bridge over Franklin Road under construction.

Davis 66.412 Walnut Avenue Bridge.jpg
Walnut Avenue Bridge under construction.

Davis 66.411 Walnut Avenue Bridge.jpg
Walnut Avenue Bridge under construction.

Davis 66.41 Walnut Avenue Bridge.jpg
Walnut Avenue Bridge under construction.

Davis 66.3a Jefferson Street Bridge.jpg
Jefferson Street Bridge was built in 1926

Davis 66.321 Memorial Bridge Plaque.jpg
Plaque on Memorial Bridge listing all of the Roanoke area soldiers who were killed serving in World War I.

Davis 66.32 Memorial Bridge Plaque.jpg
Plaque on Memorial Bridge listing all of the Roanoke area soldiers who were killed serving in World War I.

Davis 66.31 Memorial Bridge.jpg
Memorial Bridge was built in 1926 by the WW Boxley Company. The bridge stands as a monument to veterans of World War I.

Davis 66.3 Memorial Bridge.jpg
Memorial Bridge was built in 1926 by the WW Boxley Company. The bridge stands as a monument to veterans of World War I.

Davis 66.219 Wasena Bridge.jpg
Wasena Bridge.

Davis 66.212 Wasena Bridge.jpg
Wasena Bridge under construction.

Davis 66.211 Wasena Bridge.jpg
Wasena Bridge under construction. The new bridge was completed in 1940.

Davis 66.21 Wasena Bridge.jpg
Wasena Bridge shortly after completion.

Davis 66.11 Jefferson Street Bridge.jpg
Jefferson Street Bridge was built in 1926.

Davis 65.941 Norfolk and Western Office Fire.jpg
A fire broke out at the Norfolk & Western General Offices on 4 January 1896. N&W employees salvaged some furnishings and supplies as fire swept through the building. Unfortunately, the building was a total loss.

Davis 65.94 Norfolk and Western Office Fire.jpg
A fire broke out at the Norfolk & Western General Offices on 4 January 1896. N&W employees salvaged some furnishings and supplies as fire swept through the building. Unfortunately, the building was a total loss.

Davis 65.938 Philip Levy Store Fire.jpg
The Philip Levy Exchange Store alarm was struck at 1:21pm on 31 August 1928. This photo was taken not long after the fire started. Both city ladder trucks were on the scene to combat the fire in the top floors of the four story building.

Davis 65.937 Philip Levy Store Fire.jpg
Despite the efforts of Roanoke firemen, the Philip Levy Exchange store could not be saved. After burning for two hours, the building collapsed.

Davis 65.936 Philip Levy Store Fire.jpg
Ladder trucks 1 and 2 were utilized to fight the fire at the Philip Levy Exchange Store, which was burning on the top floors of the four story building.

Davis 65.935 Philip Levy Store Fire.jpg
Firemen attempt to extinguish the fire at the Philip Levy Exchange Store at 118 Salem Avenue.

Davis 65.934 Philip Levy Store Fire.jpg
The Philip Levy and Company furniture store caught fire for the second time on 31 August 1928. Philip Levy was located at 118 Salem Avenue. Both city ladder trucks were utilized in an attempt to extinguish the fire, which was burning on the top…

Davis 65.933 Philip Levy Store Fire.jpg
Even after the building's collapse, firemen continue to hose down the smoldering rubble that was once the Philip Levy Exchange Store.

Davis 65.932 Philip Levy Store Fire.jpg
Despite the efforts of Roanoke firemen, the Philip Levy Exchange store could not be saved. After burning for two hours, the building collapsed.

Davis 65.931 Philip Levy Store Fire.jpg
Despite the efforts of Roanoke firemen, the Philip Levy Exchange store could not be saved. After burning for two hours, the building collapsed.

Davis 65.93 Philip Levy Store Fire.jpg
The Philip Levy and Company furniture store caught fire for the second time on 31 August 1928. Philip Levy was located at 118 Salem Avenue.

Davis 65.921 NW Pugh Fire.jpg
The NW Pugh Department Store caught fire on 3 February 1935. The store was located at 35 Campbell Avenue. Spectators watch as Roanoke Fire Department extinguishes the fire.

Davis 65.92 NW Pugh Fire.jpg
The NW Pugh Department Store caught fire on 3 February 1935. The store was located at 35 Campbell Avenue. Spectators watch as Roanoke Fire Department extinguishes the fire.

Davis 65.91 Fire on Campbell.jpg
The Ponce de Leon Hotel caught fire on 28 December 1928. All nine Roanoke engines and two ladder trucks were on the scene, including a hose truck from Vinton and an engine from Salem. The original 5 story portion of the hotel was destroyed and would…

Davis 65.86 Steamer #2.jpg
Steamer #2 was purchased by Norfolk & Western and placed into service in September 1907. It is shown here stored at Station #9.

Davis 65.81 Fire Equipment Test.jpg
Testing of fire fighting equipment by the river.

Davis 65.8 Fire Station 7.jpg
Fire Station #7 opened on 13 December 1922. It is located at 1742 Memorial Avenue.

Davis 65.7 Fire Station #9.jpg
Fire Station #9 opened on 2 October 1929. It is located at 514 24th Street.

Davis 65.63 Fire Station #8.jpg
Located at 2328 Crystal Spring Avenue, Fire Station #8 opened on 23 January 1929 and still serves the community today.

Davis 65.52 Fire Station #6.jpg
Fire Station #6 opened on 5 September 1911 at 1015 Jamison Avenue. It ceased operation as a fire station in 1979. It is now used as a police substation. Fire Station #6 was added to the Virginia Landmarks Register in 1990 and the National Register…

Davis 65.51 Fire Station #5.jpg
Fire Station #5 opened on 5 September 1911. While no longer used as a fire station, the building remains at 216 12th Street.

Davis 65.5 Fire Station #5.jpg
Fire Station #5 opened on 5 September 1911. While no longer used as a fire station, the building remains at 216 12th Street.

Davis 65.412 Booster Club.jpg
Booster trip. Men and location unidentified.

Davis 65.4 Fire Station #4.jpg
Fire Station #4 opened on 5 September 1911. It was located at 323 Highland Avenue in Old Southwest. The station closed in 1965 and the building was purchased by Beth Israel Synagogue. The building was razed in 1967.

Davis 65.31 Fire Station #3.jpg
Fire Station #3, located at 301 6th Street. Though the building still exists, it is not longer used as a fire station.

Davis 65.3 Fire Station #3.jpg
The building that housed Fire Station #3 still exists at 301 6th Street, but is now privately owned. Shown here at left is Engine #3, a Seagrave Brasshead next to Ladder #2, also a Seagrave.

Davis 65.2 Fire Station #11.jpg
Fire Station #11, located at 1502 Riverland Road. Station #11 opened on 14 March 1964.

Davis 65.12 Fire Station #1.jpg
Ladder #1 (left), a 1918 Seagrave, sits next to the Chief's car, a Hudson, and Engine #1 (right) at Fire Station #1. Fireman on Ladder #1, from L to R: Elsie J. Knowles, __Shillins, James E. Updike, Harry Grubb, Raymond N. Wills, Harry J. Daniels…

Davis 65.11 Fire Station #1.jpg
Fire Station #1, located at 13 Church Avenue, was completed in 1907. The building, now on the National Register of Historic Places, was in service as a fire station for 100 years. A horse-drawn hose wagon (left) and ladder truck are seen in front of…

Davis 65.1 Firemen at Station #1.jpg
Fireman in front of Station #1 on Church Avenue. 1st row, L to R: "Pop" Smith, Adam Arnold, Chief James F. McFalls, Joe Bowman and Cleveland Carper Meador. 2nd row, L to R: James W. Nichols, George Witt, O.C. Craft, Clarence Short, Charlie Boone,…

Davis 65.022 Junior Hose Company #2.jpg
Members of the Vigilante Steam Fire Company #1 and the Junior Hose Company #2 stand in front of Vigilante Fire Station #1 shortly before escorting the body of Mayor William Carr to his burial in City Cemetery.

Davis 65.021 Vigilante Fire Station.jpg
Vigilante Fire Station #1 stood on the northeast corner of Jefferson Street and Kirk Avenue. Shown here shortly before completion in 1888, the fire station remained in use until 1907 when the "new" Station #1 was built on Church Avenue. Prior to the…

Davis 65.02 Vigilante Steam Fire Company #1.jpg
Firemen from the Vigilante Steam Fire Company #1 post in front of the original Fire Station #1 (formerly located at Campbell Avenue and 1st Street) prior to the funeral of Mayor William Carr. 1st row, L to R: Thomas Engleby, __ Harris, __ Shank, __…

Davis 65.012 Friendship Fire Company #3.jpg
Roanoke firefighters line up for a Labor Day parade at the present corner of Jefferson Street and Church Avenue. W.P. Mundy livery stable is in the background.

Davis 65.01 Friendship Fire Company #3.jpg
Friendship Fire Company Station #3 once stood roughly where the main post office is today in the 400 block of Rutherford Avenue. The company was formed to protect the northeast quadrant of the city. It was an active fire station until 1951. The…

Davis 65 Warrenton  Fire Truck.jpg
A fire truck from Warrenton, Virginia on Washington Avenue in Old Southwest. The houses in the background are in the 500 block of Washington Avenue.

Davis 645 Virginian 700.jpg
The Virginian 700 steam locomotive built by Baldwin Locomotive Works.

Davis 641 Roanoke Police Department.jpg
Roanoke Police Department on the steps of the Municipal Building.

Davis 64.5 Roanoke Life Saving Crew.jpg
This staged photograph shows two unidentified members of Roanoke Life Saving and First Aid Crew loading a "patient" into an ambulance.

Davis 63.22 Streetcar.jpg
Two unidentified employees of Roanoke Railway and Electric stand atop a streetcar at terminal.

Davis 63.21 Street Car.jpg
Unidentified man stands next to a street car on Jefferson Street.

Davis 63.1 Greyhound Bus Depot.jpg
Roanoke Greyhound Bus Depot, formerly located at the corner of Williamson Road and Bullitt Avenue.

Davis 622 Commerce Street School.jpg
Students of Commerce Street School. Commerce Street School or First Ward School stood at the corner of Church Avenue and 2nd Street (Commerce). The school was built in 1890 and razed in 1929 to make way for the post office.

Davis 62.17 Roanoke Municipal Airfield.jpg
Mayor Sidney F. Small (left) and pilot B.A. Carpenter at the inauguration of Roanoke's passenger air service by American Airlines.

Davis 62.1631 William Stribling.jpg
William Stribling (1904-1933) was a professional heavyweight boxer from Georgia. Seen here at Roanoke Municipal Airfield, Stribling was also an avid and accomplished aviator.

Davis 62.161 Baltimore Airways.jpg
An unidentified couple poses next to a Baltimore Airways plane in front of the Cannaday Farm. The Cannaday Farm would become Roanoke Municipal Airfield, then in 1941 Woodrum Field. It is the current location of Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport. …

Davis 62.134 AA US Mail.jpg
American Airlines Airmail plane at Roanoke Municipal Airfield.

Davis 62.1 Modern Air Transport.jpg
Modern Air Transport plane parked at Woodrum Field. Modern Are Transport commenced commerical operations in 1946.

Davis 62 Izaak Walton League.jpg
Roanoke Chapter of the Izaak Walton League. George Davis is seen in the backseat of the car. The Izaak Walton League was formed in 1922 and is one of the Nation's oldest and most respected conservation organizations.

Davis 61d N&W General Offices.jpg
Original Norfolk & Western General Offices, formerly located at the corner of Jefferson Street and Shenandoah Avenue. The building was destroyed by fire on 4 January 1896.

Davis 61b N&W Rails.jpg
Member of the Travelers Protective Association prepare to leave for Denver.

Davis 61a N&W Rails.jpg
View of Norfolk & Western rails. Southwest Virginia Memorial Bridge crossing the New River in background is under construction.

Davis 619 Masons.jpg
Unidentified members of the Daniel Henry Carmines Memorial Class 32

Davis 615 Masons.jpg
Sparrell Simmons Gale Memorial Class 32

Davis 612 Masons.jpg
J.W. Keys Memorial Class 32

Davis 611 Masons.jpg
Clinchfield Class Scottish Rite Masons

Davis 610 Travelers Protective Association.jpg
Unidentified members of the Travelers Protective Association on the Virginia State Convention at Hotel Roanoke.

Davis 61.95 Summer Train Schedule.jpg
Summer train schedule and timetable for the Virginia & Tennessee Railroad.

Davis 61.811 Mill Mountain Incline.jpg
Mill Mountain Incline shortly after completion.

Davis 61.71 Thaxton Train Wreck.jpg
Train wreck on the Norfolk and Western railroad. Twenty one wounded and the number of killed unknown, as the records were destroyed. Man in foreground unidentified

Davis 61.31 N&W Bridge Construction.jpg
American Bridge and Iron Company constructs a Norfolk & Western bridge over the south branch of the Elizabeth River near Gilmerton.

Davis 61.24 Powhatan Arrow #4.jpg
Norfolk & Western Powhatan Arrow Locomotive #4 east of Vinton.

Davis 61.23 N&W Class N Locomotive.jpg
Norfolk and Western Class N passenger locomotive near Radford.

Davis 61.22 N&W Class Sia #244.jpg
N&W Class S1a #244 locomotive at Roanoke Shops. This was the last locomotive built in Roanoke and the last standard gauge locomotive built in the United States.

Davis 61.2 N&W Class Y6b #2189.jpg
Norfolk & Western Class Y6b #2189 locomotive shown shortly before scrapping at United Scrap Iron and Metal Company.

Davis 61.11 N&W Railroad.jpg
N&W Railroad - View looking east down tracks - N&W General Offices, Hotel Roanoke, and depot at Jefferson Street crossing all visible.

Davis 609 Elks Convention.jpg
Unidentified members of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks during the Virginia State Convention on the steps of the Elks Lodge formerly located on the corner of Jefferson Street and Franklin Road.

Davis 608 Masons.jpg
C. C. Bassett Memorial Class 32

Davis 607 Masons.jpg
Charles A. Nesbitt Memorial Class 32

Davis 60.1 Interstate 81 Construction.jpg
Construction of Interstate 81 in Roanoke County.

Davis 6.91 View of Valley.jpg
View of the Roanoke Valley from Mill Mountain

Davis 6.81 Old PO Foundation.jpg
Looking SE at the intersection of Church Street and Henry Street (1st) at the Old Post Office Foundation.

Davis 6.41 Roanoke from Mill Mountain 1974.jpg
Roanoke as it looked in 1974 from Mill Mountain overlook.

Davis 6.4 View from Mill Mountain.jpg
Two unidentified women look at Roanoke from Mill Mountain overlook.

Davis 6.32 Mill Mountain.jpg
Early view of Mill Mountain

Davis 6.31d Virginia College.jpg
Virginia College, formerly located at the end of Rosalind Avenue in South Roanoke.

Davis 6.31b Roanoke Country Club.jpg
Roanoke Country Club clubhouse and tennis courts, formerly located in South Roanoke.

Davis 6.31a South Roanoke.jpg
Early views of South Roanoke

Davis 6.21 Roanoke 1882-1902.jpg

Davis 6.1 Roanoke from Mill Mountain.jpg
View of the Roanoke Valley from Mill Mountain

Davis 59.16 Ox Cart.jpg
Unidentified men on an ox cart. Hotel Roanoke visible in background.

Davis 59.15 Booster Club.jpg
Unidentified members of the Roanoke Booster Club at a picnic.

Davis 59.13 Horseshoe Bend Spring Company.jpg
Employees of Horseshoe Bed Spring Company. 1. C.A. Campbell, 2. John R. Tobin, 3. H.S. Jordan, 4. T.B. McKinney, 5. J.W. Tilson, 6. Joseph Bean, 7. George Denton, 8. S.H. Turner, 9. T.R. Turner, 10. J.H. Walls, 11. H.S. Henderson, 12. Charles N.…

Davis 59.111 View of Roanoke Valley.jpg
A group of unidentified men on Mill Mountain. Roanoke Valley in background.

Davis 58.1 First Ward School.jpg
Fourth grade class from First Ward or Commerce Street School.

Davis 57.42 Stone Printing Band.jpg
The Stone Printing Company band at a company picnic at Coyner Springs in 1898. Band members unknown.

Davis 57.41 Mundy Family String Band.jpg
Began by patriarch A.P. Mundy, the Mundy Family Stringband was popular on local radio during the 1920s. Seated, L to R: Cline Mundy, Fred Mundy. Standing, L to R: Mildred Mundy, Mildred Mundy (Mrs. A.P.), Lois Mundy and Janice Mundy.

Davis 57.381 Booster Club.jpg
Members of the Roanoke Booster Club.

Davis 57.31 RHS Basketball Team.jpg
Roanoke High School basketball team. 1st row, L to R: Philip Powell, James Yates and Warren Koontz. 2nd row, L to R: Fred Garis, William Atkinson, Courtley Motley, Fay Yost and Arthur Rankin.

Davis 57.21 Roanoke Baseball Team.jpg
Roanoke's first baseball team. Seated, L to R: George Desmond, E. Wiggins and Willie Quarles. Standing, L to R: Harry Keffer, Gene Ford, Steve Wigman, Everett Sproul, Edward C. Webb, Jack Hayes, George Hart and Edward Dolan.

Davis 57.2 Alleghany Institute Baseball Team.jpg
Unidentified members of the Alleghany Institute baseball team.

Davis 57.1 RHS Football Team.jpg
Roanoke High School football team. 1st row, L to R: Claude Kerlin, Wilbur Price, __ Adamson, Herbert Gettle, R. Surface, ___ Richardson and ___ Gleaves. 2nd row, L to R: unknown, unknown, Harry Hock, ___Penn, Athal Price, Forrest McConnell. 3rd row,…

Davis 56.91 Girl Scouts.jpg
Roanoke Girl Scout Troop in front of Buena Vista. Beatrice Bell (center) was the scout leader

Davis 56.9 Roanoke Police Department.jpg
Roanoke Police Department group photo taken in front of the original courthouse and jail on Campbell Avenue.

Davis 56.92 Girl Scouts.jpg
Roanoke Girl Scouts collect items for a food drive.

Davis 56.832 Red Cross.jpg
Red Cross volunteers at drive for WWI war fund.

Davis 56.823 Salvation Army Baseball Team.jpg
Salvation Army Baseball Team in front of the Salvation Army building, located at 821 Salem Avenue. Team members unidentified.

Davis 56.813 Greene Memorial Banner Class.jpg
Greene Memorial Methodist Church Banner Class on steps of Post Office.

Davis 56.74 1947 Roanoke Police Department.jpg
Roanoke Police Force on the steps of the Municipal Building.

Davis 56.73 Mayor and Council.jpg
Roanoke Mayor and City Council. Center: Mayor W.K Andrews. Top row, L to R: B.O. Mays, James Newton, Arthur Lescure, J.C. Page, Wilmer Hodgson. 2nd row, L to R: J.H. Cutchin, J. R. Terry, H. D. Guy, M. Minahan. 3rd row, L to R: Levi Witt, P. A.…

Davis 56.669 Viscose Life Saving Crew.jpg
Members of the American Viscose Life Saving Crew and First Aid.

Davis 56.667 Viscose Life Saving Crew.jpg
Members of American Viscose Life Saving Crew and First Aid.

Davis 56.6661 Viscose Life Saving Crew.jpg
American Viscose Life Saving Crew marches in a World War II victory parade.

Davis 56.666 Viscose Life Saving Crew.jpg
Members of the American Viscose Life Saving Crew & First Aid.

Davis 56.665 Viscose Award Winners.jpg
Winners of the first salvage award for the American Viscose Life Saving Crew, Bessie Mills and R. Nelson Sibold, aboard train bound for awards presentation in New York.

Davis 56.664 Viscose Life Saving Crew Officers.jpg
Officers of the American Viscose Life Saving Crew. Seated, L to R: Roy Martin, R. Nelson Sibold, L.W. Overstreet. Standing, L to R: Vic Angel, George Hash and L. Monroe.

Davis 56.663 Viscose 1900 Club.jpg
Members of the American Viscose 1900 Club. Seated, L to R: Tot Reynolds, Rawie Moomaw, George Boone, L. Whitenack, unknown. Extreme right is Marshall Garst. All others unknown.

Davis 56.662 Viscose Life Saving Crew Board.jpg
Members of the American Viscose Life Saving Crew Board. 1st row, L to R: George Hash, L.W. Overstreet, R. Nelson Sibold and William Barton. 2nd row, L to R: Guy Campbell, Frank Lackey, Otey P. Shillings, George Fore and William Franklin.

Davis 56.661 Viscose Life Saving Crew.jpg
Viscose Life Saving Crew members. Seated from L to R: L.W. Overstreet, __ Monroe, Walter Otey, Leroy Smith, R. Nelson Sibold, William Barton, Donald Thompson and unknown. All others uknown.

Davis 56.66 Viscose Life Saving Crew Board.jpg
Board members of the Viscose Life Saving Crew. 1st row, L to R: Donald Thompson, William Barton, Leroy Smith, John Cadden and Walter Otey. 2nd row, L to R: William Franklin, L.W. Overstreet, R. Nelson Sibold, ? Booker, George Hash and ? Monroe.

Davis 56.522 Travelers Protective Association.jpg
Unidentified members of the Travelers Protective Association.

Davis 56.521 Travelers Protective Association.jpg
Unidentified members of the Travelers Protective Association.

Davis 56.52 Travelers Protective Association.jpg
Officers of the Travelers Protective Association at a meeting of the Lynchburg Post. 1st row, L to R: George Davis, G.F. Guse, Theodore C. Abele, E.M. Shaner, E.L. Haskins and J.O. Baker. 2nd row, L to R: W.H. Bullard, A.B. Chewning, C.T. Yancey,…

Davis 56.511 Elks Club.jpg
Unidentified Elks Club members

Davis 56.51 Elks Club.jpg
Members of the Elks Club pictured at Rockledge Inn on Mill Mountain.

Davis 56.50 Kazim Temple Band.jpg
Unidentified members of the Kazim Temple Band.

Davis 56.421 Firemen's Convention.jpg
Firemen's convention at Mountain Park. Group stands on the steps of the casino.

Davis 56.413 Booster Club.jpg
Unidentified members of the Roanoke Booster Club surround a steam locomotive for a group photo.

Davis 56.411 Booster Club.jpg
Roanoke Booster Club members on Booster Club trip. J.B. Fishburn 3rd from left; all others unidentified.

Davis 56.41 CA Woodrum.jpg
Clifton A. Woodrum and an unidentified woman are presented a cake during festivities at a Booster Club trip. Location unknown.

Davis 56.31 Railway Carmen of America.jpg
Brotherhood of the Railway Carmen of America, White Ash Lodge No. 253 group photo.

Davis 56.3 RR Equipment Painters.jpg
Union of the Railroad Equipment Painters Numer 440 on the steps of the Elk's Club.

Davis 56.2 American Business Club.jpg
Group photo of the American Business Club

Davis 56.12 USV Company G.jpg
United States Volunteers, 2nd Regiment, Company G of Roanoke

Davis 56.11 Roanoke Military Company F.jpg
Servicemen from Company F of the Roanoke Military who served in the Spanish-American War

Davis 56.1 Roanoke Military Company G.jpg
Servicemen from Company G of the Roanoke Military who served in the Spanish-American War

Davis 56 Mayo-Forbes Wedding Party.jpg
Wedding party of James Mayo and Lelia Forbes. Seated, L to R: Virginia Mundy Cassell, Lois Mundy Firestone, Mr. and Mrs. Forbes. 2nd row, L to R: Al Mayo, Lois Forbes, groom James Mayo, bride Lelia Forbes, Helen Ferguson Robertson, Roy Beamer and…

Davis 56  REv. James and Parishioners.jpg
Reverend A.L. James of First Baptist Church (Front row, 3rd from right) and parishioners.

Davis 55.72 Capture of Sidna Allen and Welsey Edwards.jpg
Capture and jail transport of Sidney Allen and Wesley Edwards. Both men were members of the infamous Allen clan that opened fire on the Carroll County Courthouse in 1912 and subsequently led Baldwin-Felts Detective Agents (of Roanoke, VA) on a…

Davis 55.71 Allen and Edwards.jpg
Sidna Allen and Wesley Edwards after capture in Iowa by the Baldwin-Felts Detective Agency. Billy Baldwin can be seen in doorway.

Davis 55.62f Norfolk & Western Play.jpg
Employee-actors of Norfolk and Western

Davis 55.62e Norfolk & Western Play.jpg
Stage play performed by Norfolk and Western employees.

Davis 55.62d Norfolk & Western Play.jpg
Employee-actors of Norfolk and Western

Davis 55.62c Norfolk & Western Play.jpg
Stage play performed by Norfolk and Western employees.

Davis 55.62b Norfolk & Western Play.jpg
Unidentified Norfolk and Western employees during office Christmas party.

Davis 55.62a Norfolk & Western Employees.jpg
Unidentified Norfolk and Western employees during office Christmas party.

Davis 55.62 Norfolk & Western Employees.jpg
Unidentified office employees of Norfolk & Western

Davis 55.61 Stone Printing Employees.jpg
Unidentified female employees of Stone Printing Company.

Davis 55.42 Virginia Bar Association.jpg
First annual meeting of the Virginia State Bar Association at White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia.

Davis 55.41 Roanoke Bankers.jpg
Roanoke Bankers. First Row (from left) : S.D. Ferguson, Harry Trout, J.W. Coon, Peyton L. Terry, T.T. Fishburn, J.T. Engleby, C. Markley & Chester Markley (boy hiding in front row). 2nd Row (from left) J.T. Meadows, J.W. Shields, J.W. Jamison, H.M.…

Davis 55.33 N&W Freight Station Employees.jpg
Norfolk & Western Freight Station Employees. 1st row, L to R: Charles Cecil, Luke Garrett, D.L. Armistead, H.D. Guy, B.D. Mayo, Harry Groves, Ray Jones and Stephen Chafin. 2nd row L to R: P. Stuart, O.W. Stover, Benjamin G. Jones, J.P. Flippo, G.J.…

Davis 55.321 Confederate Veterans.jpg
Confederate veterans reunion at the Hotel Roanoke.

Davis 55.32 Confederate Generals.jpg
Confederate Generals at White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia. 1. General Conner (South Carolina) 2. General Gary 3. General Magruder (1810 - 1871) 4. General Lilly (Virginia) 5. General Beauregard (Louisiana, 1818-1893) 6. General Lawton (Georgia,…

Davis 5.4 Franklin Road.jpg
An aerial view of Franklin Road at 1st and 2nd Street. The building in the upper right corner is Lee Junior High School, which was razed to build the Poff Federal Building.

Davis 5.3 Roanoke from Mill Mountain.jpg
View of the Roanoke Valley from Mill Mountain

Davis 5.12 Aerial View of Roanoke.jpg
Aerial View of Roanoke. I-581 construction underway. Interstate can be seen bisecting photograph.

Davis 5.1 Community Hospital.jpg
Aerial view of Downtown and Community Hospital

Davis 49.473 Howard Johnson Restaurant.jpg
Howard Johnson's Motel and Restaurant, formerly located at 7656 Williamson Road.

Davis 49.51 Barber Shop.jpg
Unidentified barber shop.

Davis 49.31 Shimchocks Litho Service.jpg
Shimchock's Litho Service, located at 121 Sycamore Avene NE.

Davis 49.121 Crossroads Mall.jpg
Crossroads Mall, located at the intersection of Williamson Road and Hershberger Road. Built in 1961, Crossroads was the first enclosed shopping center in Virginia.

Davis 49.12 Crossroads Mall.jpg
Interior view of Crossroads Mall. When it was built in 1961, Crossroads was the first enclosed mall in Virginia.

Davis 49.112 Towers Mall.jpg
Lower level of Towers Shopping Center.

Davis 48g Kroger Distribution.jpg
Kroger Distribution Center. Offices and distribution center were located at 2240 Shenandoah Avenue.

Davis 48f Kroger Interior.jpg
Interior view of a Kroger store in Roanoke.

Davis 48e Kroger Office.jpg
Kroger employees at the Kroger offices, formerly located at 2240 Shenandoah Avenue.

Davis 48d Kroger Office.jpg
Kroger employees at the Kroger offices, formerly located at 2240 Shenandoah Avenue.

Davis 48.741 Little Chef.jpg
Little Chef Restaurant, formerly located at 1307 Williamson Road.

Davis 48.73 S&W Cafeteria.jpg
S&W Cafeteria operated at 412 S. Jefferson Street. In 1954, that location closed and has since been occupied by Davidson's mens store. The downtown location moved to 16 Church Avenue, SW, in the former Greyhound Bus Terminal. The new two-story…

Davis 48.711 Archie's Gift Shoppe.jpg
Archie's Gift Shoppe, formerly located at 7130 Williamson Road. This photo shows a dog kennel display.

Davis 48.6231 Garlands Drugstore.jpg
Interior view of Garland's Drugstore.

Davis 48.623 Garland's Drugstore.jpg
Garland's Drugstore, formerly located at 1327 Grandin Road.

Davis 48.622 Garland's Drugstore.jpg
Garland's Drugstore was formerly located at 1327 Grandin Road. This photo was taken just prior to opening day in 1953

Davis 48.611 Crobuks Drug Center.jpg
Sign for Crobuck's Drug Center, formerly located at 2310 Melrose Avenue.

Davis 48.5 Salem Saloon.jpg
Interior of an indentified saloon on Salem Avenue.

Davis 48.42 Katz Food Co.jpg
Employees stand in front of Katz Food Company, formerly located at 1623 Shenandoah Avenue.

Davis 48.41 Holyfield-Mann Food.jpg
Holyfield-Mann Food Company, formerly located at 2923 Brambleton Avenue.

Davis 48.32 Columbia Chemical Corp.jpg
Columbia Chemical Corporation delivery truck. Columbia Chemical was a soft drink manufacturer with a product called 3-C Nectar, marketed as "the drink of the gods".

Davis 48.31b Kay's Ice Cream Truck.jpg
Kay's Ice Cream Truck

Davis 48.31a Kays Truck.jpg
Kay's Ice Cream truck

Davis 48.211 Clover Creamery Truck.jpg
Clover Creamery delivery truck.

Davis 48.21 Clover Creamery Truck.jpg
Clover Creamery delivery truck.

Davis 48.1d S&H Green Stamps.jpg
S&H Green Stamps, formerly located at 2514 Franklin Road.

Davis 48.1c S&H Green Stamps.jpg
S&H Green Stamps, formerly located at 2514 Franklin Road.

Davis 48.1b S&H Green Stamps.jpg
S&H Green Stamps, formerly located at 2514 Franklin Road.

Davis 48.13 Garst Brothers Dairy.jpg
Right side view of Garst Brothers Dairy with trucks lining the building

Davis 48.11 Garst Brothers Dairy.jpg
Garst Brothers Dairy, formerly located at 1118 Salem Avenue.

Davis 48.1 S&H Green Stamps.jpg
S&H Green Stamps, formerly located at 419 Campbell Avenue.

Davis 47.42 Crystal Spring Laundry.jpg
Crystal Spring Laundry, formerly located at 720 Franklin Road.

Davis 47.412 Magic City Launderers.jpg
Magic City Launderers, formerly located next to Memorial Bridge. Building is now the home of Black Dog Salvage.

Davis 47.41.2neg copy.jpg
Magic City Launderers, formerly located next to Memorial Bridge. Building is now the home of Black Dog Salvage.

Davis 47.31 Roanoke City Mills.jpg
Model Mill Company in Johnson City, Tennessee.

Davis 47.232c Southern States.jpg
Unidentified employee stocks inventory at Southern States Cooperative, formerly located at 907 4th Street SE.

Davis 47.232b Southern States.jpg
Unidentified employee stocks inventory at Southern States Cooperative, formerly located at 907 4th Street SE.

Davis 47.232a Southern States.jpg
Southern States Cooperative, formerly located at 907 4th Street SE.

Davis 47.221d C.F. Fielder.jpg
Unidentified building interior showing steel work completed by C.L. Fiedler Structural Steel.

Davis 47.221c C.F. Fielder.jpg
Factory floor of C.L. Fielder Structural Steel, formerly located on Norfolk Avenue.

Davis 47.221b C.F. Fielder.jpg
Unidentified building interior showing steel truss work completed by C.L. Fielder Structural Steel.

Davis 47.221a C.F. Fielder.jpg
An office at C.L. Fielder Structural Steel, formerly located on Norfolk Avenue.

Davis 47.221 C.F. Fielder.jpg
C.L. Fielder Structural Steel, formerly located on Norfolk Avenue.

Davis 47.214 Harris Hardwood.jpg
Harris Hardwood Company, formerly located in the Norwich neighborhood.

Davis 47.213 Harris Hardwood.jpg
Harris Hardwood Company, formerly located in the Norwich neighborhood.

Davis 47.212 Harris Hardwood.jpg
Lumber yard of Harris Hardwood Company, formerly located in the Norwich neighborhood.

Davis 47.21 Harris Hardwood.jpg
Aerial view of Harris Hardwood Company, formerly located in the Norwich neighborhood.

Davis 47.11 McKesson & Robbins.jpg
McKesson & Robbins Wholesale Druggist, formerly located at 365 Salem Avenue.

Davis 47.1 McKesson & Robbins.jpg
McKesson & Robbins Wholesale Druggist, formerly located at 365 Salem Avenue.

Davis 46.8 Larry Dow Pontiac.jpg
Larry Dow Pontiac, formerly located at 425 Marshall Avenue.

Davis 46.514b Porterfield Distributing Co.jpg
Porterfield Distributing Company trucks in front of building formerly located at 1354 8th Street SW.
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2